Water Conservation Tips
Try implementing these handy water-related energy tips at home.
These quick fixes take little to no time at all!
Brought to you by the Castaic Lake Water Agency
Around the House:
1) First and foremost, make sure that your home is leak-free! Check all faucets, sinks, toilets, pipes, showers, water heaters, and hoses to make sure that extra water isn’t seeping out
2) Don’t let the faucet run when not being used. Be sure to not lot the water run while doing daily things such as brushing your teeth, washing your face, and shaving.
3) Try to take shorter showers and fill the tub up only one-third of its capacity when taking a bath.
4)Take some measures to save your water, and your cash, in the long run as well. Doing things such as insulating your water pipes or installing an “instant” water heater in your sink can pay great dividends over time.
In the Garden and Outdoors:
1) Water your lawn, flowers, and plant early in the morning. With the low temperatures and wind speeds in the earlier hours, water will evaporate less and water your lawn more
2) Have your sprinklers water ONLY your grass and plants! Make sure you’re not wasting water by having it aim-at or runoff-to your sidewalk and driveway.
3) Instead of hosing down your driveway and sidewalk, use a broom to sweep away leaves and other debris.
4) When its time to wash your car use commercial car washes instead, in particular those that recycle their water