Small Business Fair To Host A Day Of Free Classes
Event aims to arm people with the knowledge to start and run
their own small business.
Wednesday, September 24th, a free small business fair will
be held at the Embassy Suites near the I-5 and Newhall
Ranch Rd in Valencia.
On the agenda is a whole day’s worth of classes that will
try to educate the public about various aspects of running a small business.
Additionally, State Senators George Runner and Tom
McClintock will join Assemblyman Cameron Smyth at the event to speak with
“Small business is the backbone of California’s economy and I stand ready to assist wherever I can. This Fair will be a great venue for small business owners and I strongly encourage them to attend and take advantage of the resources provided,” said Assemblyman Cameron Smyth.
The class schedule is as follows:
9:00 – 9:30 a.m. Opening Ceremony
10:00 – 10:45 a.m.
- Track 1 – Developing a Business Plan
- Track 2 – Marketing your Business
10:50 – 11:35 a.m.
- Track 1 – Financing your Business
- Track 2 – Employee or Independent Contractor
11:40 – 12:25 p.m.
- Track 1 – Basic Sales and Use Tax
- Track 2 – Better Business Through Better Records
12:25 – 12:50 p.m.
12:50 – 1:35 p.m.
- Track 1 – State Income Tax and Small Business
- Track 2 – Sales and Use Tax: How To Avoid Common Pitfalls
1:40 – 2:25 p.m.
- Track 1 – Succeeding in Home-Based Business
- Track 2 – Contracting Opportunities
The event is being presented by the California State Board
of Equalization, the California Small
Center, SCORE, California Franchise
Tax Board, Internal Revenue Service, Employment Development Department, and the
Department of General Services.
While the event is free, participants must register either
online at www.boe.ca.gov/sutax/sbf.htm
or by phone at 213-593-1317.