Tell The County What You Think Of The 'Clean Beaches' Fee
City of Santa Clarita | SCVNews.com
The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors is holding a second public hearing on the proposed Clean Water, Clean Beaches measure on Tuesday, March 12, at the at the Hall of Administration in Los Angeles. The Santa Clarita City Council has already unanimously voted to protest the fee on all parcels owned by the City of Santa Clarita.
If the Board of Supervisors does not receive protest from a majority of parcel owners by the close of the public hearing, they may determine to move the measure to a formal election. Community members are encouraged attend and may address the board on whether the measure should move forward to an election.
Don't miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita news alerts delivered right to your inbox.
Here are instructions on how to file a protest form via email by March 12:
- Look up the 10-digit Assessor’s Identification Number for your property, also referred to as Assessor’s Parcel Number or APN. Enter the property address in the “Search by Street Address” field, and the AIN/APN will come up. You can also find your AIN/APN on your deed, property tax bill, or title report. or you can call the Assessor’s Office at 888-807-2111.
- Complete a protest form or write a protest letter (it doesn’t have to be on the official form). You must include all of the following for each parcel:
- Assessor’s Parcel Number (APN)
- Parcel site address (or description of parcel’s location if parcel has no address)
- Name and signature of the parcel owner or an authorized representative. (NOTE: You must include a hand-written signature, not just a typed name.)
Scan or take a picture of your protest form or letter and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also mail the form or letter to the Executive Officer of the Board of Supervisors, P.O. Box 866006 Los Angeles, or you can hand-deliver protests to the ballot box located on the 3rd floor of the Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration, 500 West Temple Street, Room 383.
If you own multiple parcels, please be sure to submit a protest for each parcel.
For more information on the proposed Clean Water, Clean Beaches measure, including background about the measure and a printable, sample public hearing notice and protest form that can be mailed in, click here.
Do you have a news tip? Call us at (661) 298-1220, Or drop us a line at email@example.com