College Of The Canyons To Host 2014 Women's Conference In Valencia
The 2014 College of the Canyons Women’s Conference is set for Tuesday, June 10 and will feature a number of presenters and breakout sessions at COC’s Valencia campus.
Don't miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita news alerts delivered right to your inbox.
“Beyond Barriers:Reaching Your Full Potential,” will be held at the Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center at the COC Valencia campus from 8 am to 1:30 pm Tuesday, June 10.
Dr. Diane Fiero, Assistant Superintendent/Vice President, Human Resources at COC, said the event is designed to help attendees achieve their goals by moving past traditional barriers.
“The ‘Beyond Barriers’ theme is about women reaching their full potential and striving for their dreams without limits,” Fiero said in the release. “Join us for a day of education, motivation and empowerment provided by inspirational women doing amazing things in our community and around the world.”
Attendees at the event will be provided with a continental breakfast, 3 breakout sessions of their choice, lunch and an afternoon keynote presentation, according to the release.
Related Article: COC To Host Annual Women's Conference In April
Kamala Lopez, award-winning actress, filmmaker and executive director of the ERA Education Project is set to be the keynote speaker at the 2014 Women’s Conference.
Lopez has appeared in more than 30 feature films, including “Born in East L.A.,” “Deep Cover,” “The Burning Season” and “I Heart Huckabees,” according to the release.
In addition to Lopez’s keynote address, 12 other women will also be giving presentations at the conference.
The speakers include:
- Ana Pianca — director of research and development, Boston Scientific Neuromodulation, and inventor on more than 100 U.S. and international patents and patent applications specializing in medical devices and tools
- Alaina Percival — CEO and board chair at Women Who Code, a global organization dedicated to inspiring women to pursue technology career
- Rachel Zimmerman-Brachman — education outreach coordinator at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) and inventor of the Blissymbol Printer
- Dr. Ebonee Williams — managing director at the UC San Diego Gordon Engineering Leadership Center, and professional development director, National Society of Black Engineers
- Suzuki Gurrola — civil engineer, City of Santa Clarita
- Elisha Kriis — Bollywood actress, film producer, and host for travelxp HD, India’s first high definition travel channel
- Gloria Mercado-Fortine — board member, William S. Hart Union High School District
- Dr. Deborah Stote — clinical psychiatrist and COC alumna
- Susan Chapman — certified vedic master, Chopra Center
- Kelly J. Mobeck —president, CPC, CEF, Kelly J. Mobeck Coaching
- JoAnn Wabiska — co-founder, Ekata Martial Arts & Fitness Center
- Doris Marie Zimmer — life/corporate coach, and chair of the COC Foundation board of directors
The event is being sponsored by presenting sponsor Boston Scientific Neuromodulation, Valencia, the COC Student Development Office, Mellady Direct Marketing, Wolf Creek Restaurant and Brewing Company, KHTS AM 1220, Bake You Happy, and College of the Canyons, according to the release.
Admission to the event is $30 per person before June 6 and $35 after this deadline. COC students and staff may purchase tickets for the discounted rate of $20 per person.
For more information on the event, visit COC's Website, here.
Do you have a news tip? Call us at (661) 298-1220, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article: College Of The Canyons To Host 2014 Women's Conference In Valencia
Source: Santa Clarita News
Author: Dale Fairclough