Don't forget to turn your clocks ahead one hour, tonight, Saturday April 1st, before you go to sleep. With this extra daylight take the opportunity to follow through with a few Preparedness Best Practices In Your Home:
- Change smoke/carbon monoxide detector batteries
- Check expiration dates on fire extinguishers
- Check expiration dates of emergency water & food supplies and don't forget your car kit
- Check on emergency supplies for animals-if you have one/a few
- Do you need to update your out of state contact?
- Do you need to purchase a battery operated radio?
- Are flashlights in your home and car operational-are the batteries still charged?
- Does your family know multiple ways in out of your neighborhood in the event of an evacuation?
- If you live out of the SCV, do you know multiple routes to get back into the SCV?
- Are your important documents secured in a safe place? Safe deposit box, fire safe?
- Do you have multiple copies of your passport, birth certificates, drivers license, wills, etc-(re-establishing your identity after a catastrophic disaster will be time consuming and overwhelming if your documents are destroyed)
- Visit the Emergency Expo-- April 22 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm; 9:00 am early access hour for special needs families--Saugus Speedway
Ease the risk in 2006!