Here’s the latest weekly update on the Ewart Family. In the early morning on Tuesday, December 20th, fire destroyed their Valencia home. Six family members were in the house at the time, three were seriously injured and sent to the Grossman Burn Center. David and Michael Ewart were in the most serious condition. David was the final family member to be released from the Grossman Burn Center, weeks after the fire. Since the fire, our Valley has jumped in to assist as the Ewart’s recover. This is the latest update courtesy of neighbors, Josy and Steve Block.
We want to thank Mike of the Mishkan Foundation for offering us a 40 ft. trailer to use for a storage facility! The trailer is in the process of being moved to his lot in Acton, and once moved, we will work on getting a team together to help clean out the trailer. It is full of "a lifetime worth of stuff", and anything that can be used at a garage sale will be donated to the Via Escovar garage sale! As soon as the trailer is cleaned & ready to be loaded up, we will contact all the wonderful people who have so patiently been holding on to the furniture donations for the Ewarts.
* Jay Leno Benefit - We have been going around town putting up posters at various businesses. Special thanks to all the wonderful store & restaurant owners & managers that have agreed to have our posters hang on their front windows! Remember, you can all print the color flyers that were attached to last weeks' email and post them in teacher lounges, places of work, places of recreation, gym, etc. Details pertaining to the Jay Leno Benefit can be found on the website, www.Ewartaid.org  - just click on "news" and scroll down the page.
* James Foster Elementary School is wrapping up their CANDYGRAM sale, benefiting the Ewarts. The kids sold CandyGrams for $1 each. The response was wonderful from students, parents, teachers and staff! We're told it was fun to hear the comments from the kids & the kind words that were shared for the Ewart family. On the last day of selling, a 6th grader came up and asked one of the moms for "3 please...one for my teacher, one for my study buddy and, is it ok if I buy one for David?" It was so incredibly sweet, and sincere, this moms eyes welled up. The little girls' act of kindness made the whole project worth every minute. What a special Valentines Day!
* We heard back from the Ellen Degeneris Show, and unfortunately, they are unable to help with this cause. Will that stop us from trudging forward? Not on your life. "No" just means there is something bigger & better around the corner.
* If you missed receiving any of the flyers for upcoming events, we have now added a "flyers" section onto our website where you can click on the flyer & print it straight from the website! www.EwartAid.org 
*** REMINDERS ***
* Reminder: Coming up soon is the Off Broadway Show at Hart High Auditorium!! "MATTY: AN EVENING WITH CHRISTY MATHEWSON". Saturday, February 25, 2006... David is planning to attend this most amazing production and he highly recommends it - especially for anyone who is into baseball! Visit the MATTY Web Site at www.matty.org  for more information, photos and reviews. TICKET INFORMATION: Show begins at 7:30pm. To reserve seats, please send an email to: Blocktalk@pacbell.net , and please put "MATTY" as the subject. Let us know how many seats you'd like. This is a "Pay what you Can" show - you can pay before you go in - whatever amount you are comfortable with. This is a family-friendly show.
* Reminder: coming up on Saturday, March 11, 2006 at 8:00pm, Vince Falzone, local musician, will be hosting the "Vince Falzone CD Release Benefit Concert" at the Canyon Theater Guild. If you wish to purchase tickets, you can make a check payable to: Ariey Productions. Send to: 27919 Smyth Drive, Suite 106, Valencia, CA 91355. Make sure to note your phone number and mailing address so your tickets can be mailed to you. Included with your ticket price will be food, drinks (Starbucks Coffee) and one raffle ticket. 1/2 of all ticket sales will be donated to the Ewart's fund. Tickets are $12 each. NEW: You may also purchase & pick-up tickets directly from the Canyon Theater Guild. NOTE: The Falzone's are looking for help from the local high schools for help in promoting this event. Please contact Lily at (661) 803-5594.
* Circle Journal/Traveling Buddy - What is this, you ask? It is a traveling journal & here's how it works. We gather an interest list, including name and mailing address. We will start the journal, by writing a message, and taking a picture of our family with our special "traveling buddy" (a stuffed animal). We will then mail the journal & stuffed animal to the next person on the list who will do the same thing. At the end of the "journey", the journal will be mailed back to the originator, and presented to David. Please respond by February 28th if you'd like to participate in this fun & meaningful activity.
We wish you all a very happy and loving Valentines Day - may the bluebird of happiness fly overhead and drop some sprinkles of love all over you.