Here’s the latest update on the Ewart Family. In the early morning on Tuesday, December 20th, fire destroyed their Valencia home. Six family members were in the house at the time, three were seriously injured and sent to the Grossman Burn Center. Last weekend, David Ewart was the final family member to be released from the Grossman Burn Center. Since the fire, our Valley has jumped in to assist as the Ewart’s recover. This is the latest update courtesy of neighbors, Josy and Steve Block.
Last night, we attended a most beautiful presentation from the EOPF (Environment of People Foundation) to David. As many of you know, David is a Board Member of the EOPF and they have been kind enough to offer folks the opportunity to make credit card or paypal donations to the Ewart Catastrophe Fund through their website. In a spiral-bound art book that was passed around the group, everyone signed their very sweet sentiments to the Ewarts, and included on one of the pages was a check in the amount of $33,000!!! David nearly fell off his chair!!! It was a very moving moment and everyone could feel the lump in his throat. Heartfelt thanks to everyone who contributed to the Catastrophe fund via the EOPF. Donations are still welcome! (You can go to: www.eopf.org ). We will add some pictures to the website from last night.
* Now that David is getting out more & more, and our days are becoming sunnier & sunnier, it has become apparent that David could use a few Sun Hats. He needs a covering that will offer protection from the sun, so mesh would not be a good choice. If we could get a few straw (tight weave) hats with a wide brim, that would be terrific!!
* The Journalism Department at Hart High School has sent a potpourri of Gift Cards to Michael so he can go shopping for new clothes, sports gear and school supplies. They sent him gift cards to Sport Chalet, Tilly's, Macy's and Staples! WOW! Thank you Journalism staff - you ROCK!!! Michael is going to have so much fun shopping for new stuff and it will all be so meaningful because it came from friends who care so much.
* We are busily working out the details for the Jay Leno benefit performance (Thursday, March 23), and we hope to have all the details finalized by the end of the week. One question that has been asked is if the content of his show will be appropriate for children. We are told that yes, this will be a "clean" performance, appropriate for all ages. The show will begin at 7:30pm, not 7pm as previously stated.
* Jay Leno Program - In addition to local businesses being able to advertise in the Jay Leno program, we are going to offer a "Best Wishes/Good Luck" Section where families can send their good wishes to the Ewarts. These "ads" will be available in 3 sizes. Small (1" x 2") - $10.00 each, Medium (2" x 2") - $20.00 and Large (Business Card Size) - $35.00. Please send us what you'd like your ad to say, and include a check (payable to the David Ewart Catastrophe Fund) to: Imagination Station, PO Box 220983, Newhall, CA 91321.
* Advertising for businesses in the Jay Leno Programs - We will be printing up programs for the Jay Leno evening, and we are offering advertising spots for all interested businesses. Programs will be 17" x 11" (folded in half = 8 1/2 " x 11 "). A business-card sized ad will run $35, a 1/4 page will be $50, a 1/2 page will be $100 and a full page will run $200. The inside front cover will run $275 for a full page ad, and the inside back cover will run $250 for a full page ad. Please submit camera ready artwork to: Imagination Station, PO Box 220983, Newhall, CA 91321. Digital Camera Ready art can be emailed to: Blocktalk@pacbell.net . Checks should be made payable to the David Ewart Catastrophe Fund.
* If you haven't had a chance to visit Jonathan's website lately, please check it out - he has added some new pictures (link below)
* Reminder: TOMORROW Tuesday, February, 7, 2006 - The Musicians Union, Local 47 is organizing a Blood Drive at the Local 47 Auditorium from 10am until 5pm. It is located at 815 Vine Street in Hollywood. The Providence Blood Donor Center will provide everything, right down to juice & cookies. And every donor will receive a coupon for a free "pint" of ice cream from Baskin Robbins. Please call (323) 993-3159 to sign up. Walk-ins are welcome.
* Reserve your seats for MATTY - Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 7:30pm - Off Broadway Show at Hart High Auditorium!! To reserve seats, please send an email to: Blocktalk@pacbell.net , and please put "MATTY" as the subject. Let us know how many seats you'd like. This is a "Pay what you Can" show - you can pay before you go in - whatever amount you are comfortable with.