Here’s the latest update on the Ewart Family. In the early morning on Tuesday, December 20th, fire destroyed their Valencia home. Six family members were in the house at the time, three were seriously injured and sent to the Grossman Burn Center. Last weekend, David Ewart was the final family member to be released from the Grossman Burn Center. Since the fire, our Valley has jumped in to assist as the Ewart’s recover. This is the latest update courtesy of neighbors, Josy and Steve Block.
Wednesday, DAVID had his physical therapy appointment. The appointments run about 90 minutes long and include all kinds of "torturous" moves. He has these appointments 3 days a week. To you or I, the activities may not be a big deal, but they are very, very difficult and challenging for David. They literally work just about every muscle in his body. From what we understand, MICHAEL'S sessions are about twice as frequent as David's. These boys are working so hard just to do things that we all take for granted, so we think extra prayers are needed to give them continued strength and determination to persevere.
* Tonight was our Celebrity Golf Tournament Planning Meeting...it was a more productive meeting than anticipated and we are excited about the direction it will be moving in. Rather than rush into it, we are going to take our time to "do it right", and plan it for several months to a year out. More details will be forthcoming when available.
* The Baja Fresh totals are STILL being tallied up! We'll let you know as soon as we know the final number!
* Comedy Night - (March 19, 2006 7:00pm or 9:00pm, with optional dinner at 5:30pm). We have a correction to make with regards to the meals available for the Comedy Benefit Show. Meals will range from $10.99 to $14.99. The menu can be viewed by going to the J.R.s Comedy Club website at: www.comedyinvalencia.com . We have 6 tickets left for the early show - first come...first served! We want to thank and acknowledge Randy Lubas of J.R.'s for his generous donation of the club for this special event!! We are deeply grateful for all the time and effort he has put into insuring that this event will be a huge success! We also wish to thank all the comedians that will be donating their time & talent for the cause! Please show your support for the Ewarts by coming to J.R.'s for a fun night of laughter and friendship! For exact show details, please see below.
* Off Broadway Show!! "MATTY: AN EVENING WITH CHRISTY MATHEWSON" is one of David's favorites!! Eddie Frierson's MATTY took the theatre world by storm when it opened Off-Broadway at the Lamb's Theatre in 1996. Hailed by National Public Radio as "One of the year's ten best plays, "MATTY" is now coming again to the Santa Clarita Valley as a special benefit performance for David Ewart and family!! MATTY is a full two-hour theatrical event that makes a wonderful date or event to share with your entire family. MATTY is more than just a play - it is an evening with one of the most beloved Americans to ever live! Who was MATTY? In the time when it seemed that Giants walked the earth, none was more honored than the great Christy Mathewson. The greatest hero in the era before Babe Ruth, the college educated man who lifted the then rowdy world of baseball to gentlemanliness - Mathewson was the basis, many say, for the idealized athlete Frank Merriwell, an inspiration to many authors through the years and, now, to author Eddie Frierson. Visit the MATTY Web Site at www.matty.org  for more information, photos and reviews. TICKET INFORMATION: Date: Saturday night, February 25, 2006, at 7:30pm, at the HART Auditorium. To reserve seats, please send an email to: Blocktalk@pacbell.net , and please put "MATTY" as the subject. Let us know how many seats you'd like. This is a "Pay what you Can" show - you can pay before you go in - whatever amount you are comfortable with. This is family-friendly. Thank you to Gail Hart and all our friends at Hart High for letting us use the Auditorium for this special event! Also, thank you to Eddie Frierson for donating all his time and talent to perform this amazing show!
* The eBay fun continues...for the entire month of February, Zoe will donate a percentage of all her sales to the David Ewart Catastrophe Fund. Have fun shopping!!! Just visit Zoe's site at: www.simplyzoe.com  . Also, if you remember to leave feedback for Zoe, your name will be entered into a drawing to win an eBay Gift Certificate!
*** GENERAL INFORMATION: ***
* SCC Fund Raising - The breads from www.butterbraid.com  are amazing!!! . Check out their website at the above address, and remember that the Ewarts will get 40% of the cost! The retail price is $10.00 each. Simply send a note detailing the quantity & flavor of the breads you'd like & send a check ($10 per loaf - no tax) to: Imagination Station, PO Box 220983, Newhall, CA 91321, attn: Josy. As soon as we receive payment, we will process your order. Please make checks payable to "SCC Fund Raising". Free delivery to all SCV residents. If you live out of the area, we will advise you of a particular date/location for you to come pick up your order from. If you have a group (i.e. work office, church, temple, scouts, youth group, school, sports team, etc., that would like to sell these items, we will be happy to help you coordinate that effort). Thanks to SCC Fund Raising for this fantastic & unique opportunity!
* If you have items that YOU would like to sell on E-Bay...but you're not sure if they will sell, or you are not sure how to go about putting them up, please contact Zoe at: email@example.com  and she will help determine the items' sellability. If the items are small enough, she will even offer to have you ship the items to her & she'll put them on the website for the Ewarts.
* In case anyone would like to have money wired directly into the Ewarts Catastrophe Account, here is the info you will need: Routing Number is: 121000248 (this is considered a "wire"). The account number at Wells Fargo is: 8606-155136, and the name on the account is "David Ewart Catastrophe Fund". To clear up any confusion, the funds in this account are for David AND Michael.
* Remember, if you'd like to visit David or Michael, you can contact Mary Berg at (661) 259-2877 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org . She will be happy to schedule you in for a visit. Again, due to the vast amount of doctors appointments and the nature of their injuries, your appointment may at times need to be rescheduled. We all appreciate your understanding in this matter.
Remember to check the websites... http://www.EwartAid.org 
and Jonathan's website: http://email@example.com/ 
* "Where there is Love, there is Hope" Creative Card Contest - Stay tuned for details for an upcoming creative art contest. The winning designs will be used to produce blank printed cards that will be packaged and sold. All proceeds will benefit the Ewarts and winners will receive a wonderful prize! This contest/fund raiser helps tie-in David and his family's love for the arts while also raising money for the family.
* Jay Leno Benefit Performance - All the pieces are coming together for this very special, LOCAL performance from top entertainer, Jay Leno. As soon as details are finalized, we will let you know how YOU can get tickets to this special & memorable event!
*** SPECIAL REQUEST ***
* David, a professional violinist in LA had several violins, bows and a viola in his home on December 20th all of which were lost as a result of the tragic fire. This unfortunate loss included several bows by Sartory, Hill and Nurenberger and a fine Italian violin by Jannarius Gaglianus, made in 1765. Anyone who knows David, knows that the music continues to live in his heart, his soul and his spirit. He can't possibly keep it bottled up inside - his music must be shared with not only the community...but the world. If there is anyone who might have a Jannarius Gaglianus violin in their possession, would they consider letting David use it to share his beautiful music once again? It would be a most amazing blessing if we could help to reunite a masterful violinist with an instrument worthy of his talents.
* Is there a friendly attorney or IRS person out there that could help us file for 501 (c) 3 status (non-profit / charity status)? It sounds like this is a lengthy process with lots of paperwork - we want to make sure all the proper documents are filed on behalf of the Ewarts. This is a little out of our realm of expertise, so any advice would be more than welcome.