Here’s the latest update on the Ewart Family. In the early morning on Tuesday, December 20th, fire destroyed their Valencia home. Six family members were in the house at the time, three were seriously injured and sent to the Grossman Burn Center. Since the fire, our Valley has jumped in to assist. This is the latest update courtesy of neighbors, Josy and Steve Block.
Hugh Ewart is home!!!!!!! He was released late yesterday. If this isn't evidence that prayers work, we don't know what is!
Michael continues to be in the same condition as previously reported. He is talking more and that is a good sign. He is being re-evaluated on the burns to his back to see if he will need another grafting operation in the next few days.
David is still on the respirator, but they have started to wean him off of it. This is good news.
* The family extends their thanks to everyone for your concern and generosity. They know that both David and Michael will be completely overwhelmed by what has happened for them!
* The iPod is being downloaded with all of the music Michael loves - this is going to be a tremendous aid in his recovery. Hopefully it will be in his hands by tomorrow. For all those who volunteered to help chip-in for the cost of the iPod, we appreciate your offers, but the iPod cost has been taken care of. Thank you again for your offers!
* Sports Stars - It turns out that Michaels step-dad has an "in" with the Dodgers. If anyone can handle the Lakers, Clippers or Galaxy, that would be great. USC football players would be outstanding.
* More furniture donations are coming in. We have a Furniture Delivery Coordinator who will work with the donors, truck owners and storage facility owners to coordinate the pick-up and delivery. Thank you to all the folks who offered their trucks & vehicles! I think we have an entire fleet dedicated to this project! Additional furniture donations can be directed to: Shelly at Apex HVAC. Her cell number is: 661.993.9714 or you can email her directly at email@example.com  Thank you, Shelly, for stepping up to take on this important role.
* We are beginning to think we may need a second storage facility, as the 10 x 10 is probably going to be filled to the rim! If anyone else has access to another storage facility, please let us know. (thanks!)
* Old Orchard 2 Clubhouse Scrapbooking Event - Just a reminder that there is a scrapbooking night scheduled for Friday night, January 13 at the Old Orchard 2 Clubhouse. The coordinator of this event, Linda Cavataio needs to know how many people to expect. They can hold about 20 people - please RSVP directly to Linda at Lindacavataio@sbcglobal.net . This is a FREE event to work on pictures of the Ewarts to help create a scrapbook for them.
* Remember When...Scrapbooking, located at 23407 Lyons Avenue in Valencia is hosting a Scrapbook Event on Saturday, January 28, 2006 from 5:00pm to 10:00pm. This is a FREE event. There are currently 10 spots available. A Professional Scrapbook Designer/Teacher will be available for consultations if you are new to Scrapbooking. Products will be provided for you to work on pages for the Ewarts' Scrapbook. If you have pictures of the Ewarts, please bring them. To register for this event, please email: Blocktalk@pacbell.net  A neighbor & close friend of David's has volunteered to bring her scanner to this event, so if you have photos that you do not wish to part with, please bring them & they can be scanned & returned to you right then & there.
* Pictures - Please send any pictures you may have of the Ewarts to: Imagination Station, PO Box 220983, Newhall, CA 91321, ATTN: EWART PICTURES. If any out-of-state friends/family have pictures of David or anyone in the family - recent, or especially older, please either mail copies or email digital pictures to: Blocktalk@pacbell.net 
* Stories/Anecdotes - An important part of the scrapbook project is the story that goes behind the pictures - especially since in this case, we may not have a lot of pictures. If David or Michael has touched your life in some way, brought a smile to your face, taught you a life-lesson, made you laugh, or touched you or someone else in some way, please send your stories. You can send them to: Blocktalk@pacbell.net  and please put "Story" in the subject line.
* KHTS AM-1220, Santa Clarita's Hometown Station is planning a 2-hour community radio program, live from the Westfield Valencia Town Center on Monday, January 16, 2006 from 10am - 12pm. The entire 2-hour program will be devoted to the Ewart Tragedy. They are assisting in getting the word out with regular announcements and postings on their website and can distribute fliers from their kiosk. Their efforts are most appreciated!
* School Activities - We would love a volunteer from each of the local schools - maybe the PTA or PAC Presidents OR ASB President - to communicate any activities that may be planned in support of the Ewarts. Whether you are making cards & get well letters...or collecting money for the Ewarts, we'd love to know about it so we can share the news.
We wish you and your loved ones all the very best for a Happy and Healthy New Year. Thanks again to everyone!!