Here's the latest on the Ewart Family tragedy, courtesy of Josy and Steve Block. The Ewart's Valencia House burnt down last Tuesday. Three family members were critically injured.
David and Michael remain in the same condition. The process of removing the dead skin and covering it with cadaver and artificial skin continued today. We understand that they came through the surgeries as well as could be expected. Both are still listed in critical condition.
* Hugh is doing better. He is off the ventilator and was up and around today. He is talking and is able to walk. This is truly a blessing.
* The hotline of the Grossman Burn Center is expected to be updated by today. That phone number again is (818) 907-2887.
* Thanks to Cub Scout Pack 2 for donating prepackaged mistletoe for our neighborhood kids to sell door to door. Children of Valencia Hills, Old Orchard 1 and Old Orchard 2 will be selling mistletoe door-to-door tomorrow. All proceeds will be donated to the David Ewart Catastrophe Fund. If you are interested in participating in this event, please send an email to: email@example.com 
* Tonight, a group of kids will be going through the streets of Valencia Hills singing Christmas Carols to raise everyone's spirits - A huge round of applause for these kids!!
* David is a Board Member of the EOPF (Environmental of People Foundation) which strives to ensure that music remains a central part of our children's lives and growth. The President of the organization has created a link for visitors to send donations to the David Ewart Catastrophe Fund. Those who wish to contribute to the fund can pay via credit card or pay pal. The Organization will absorb any credit card or pay pal fees so that 100% of your contribution will go directly to benefit the Ewart family. Please go to: www.EOPF.org  They have done an outstanding job of telling the Ewart story, complete with pictures.
* The Canyon Theater Guild took up a collection for the Ewart Family at the two closing performances of "A Christmas Carol" . The Canyon Theater Guild will be matching those donations.
* There are many projects "in the works", ranging from a community garage sale, to gala events! Some events will be to raise money immediately...others will be to raise money in the future. If you have any ties with celebrities, MC's, comedians, entertainers that may be able to donate some time to working an event, please let us know.
* We are trying to determine the resource pool available to us for raising money. The Ewarts are going to have unimaginable expenses. Please, if you or anyone you know has a special talent or resource that may be helpful, please let us know.
* 12/27/05 3p-9p at the Valencia Hills Clubhouse 24060 Oak Vale Drive, Valencia, CA 91355 - Call Linda Skvarna 254-4500
* 12/29/05 12p-9p at the Grossman Burn Center 4929 Van Nuys Blvd, Sherman Oaks, CA 91316
* 1/7/06 - Newhall Church of the Nazarene 23857 The Old Road, Newhall, CA 91321 - (661) 259-5272
* 1/14/06 - Newhall Church of the Nazarene 23857 The Old Road, Newhall, CA 91321 (661) 259-5272
Cards, Letters, Pictures, Meals
* Sign the Poster Board Sized cards for the Ewarts at the Valencia Hills Clubhouse this week. You can stop by tomorrow between 3pm-9pm, sign the card, and say "hi" to the volunteers !
* Send any pictures you have of the Ewarts to: Imagination Station, PO Box 220983, Newhall, CA 91321 - be sure to mark the envelope "EWART PICTURES". These will be used in Community Scrapbooking Events to create treasured keepsakes to be cherished by the Ewarts since all of their photos were destroyed in the fire.
* Keep the cards and letters coming!!! These will be very uplifting to the family! Send to: Imagination Station, Attn: David Ewart, PO Box 220983, Newhall, CA 91321.
* Meal rotations - contact Diane Kaufler at Dkinscv@comcast.net  (661) 259-2766
Thank you all for everything that you are doing. It is important to keep the momentum going!! Keep the emails coming & share your ideas or volunteer to share your services! Continued prayers are needed.