Every Wednesday at 5:10 p.m. Assemblyman Scott Wilk , 38th Assembly District will keep us up to date on all latest news in Sacramento and how it impacts our Santa Clarita Valley.
Hear all of Scott Wilk's Weekly Updates  here!
Wilk Weekly Update - March 12, 2014
KHTS Road Trip
- We are all set for the group to come up to Sacramento this Monday and Tuesday.
- We have speakers to update the group about education, higher education, budget, workers compensation, high speed rail, film tax credit, water bond, proposition 13, healthcare, chloride, housing and community development.
- Our keynote speaker at Monday night’s dinner will be Assembly Speaker John A Perez
Wilk Bill 1680 will be heard in Assembly Labor Committee next Wednesday
- AB 1680:
- Requires anyone who is already required by law to obtain a Child Performer Services Permit to display his or her permit number on any industry advertisements.
- Under current law anyone in the entertainment industry wishing to perform specified services for a minor must obtain a Child Performer Services (CPS) Permit. A CPS Permit process includes a background check and aims to insure the safety of children in the entertainment industry. Professionals required to obtain CPS Permits include photographers, acting coaches, and managers, among others.
- This bill adds a layer of protection for child actors by setting valid CPS Permit holders apart from potentially dangerous, unpermitted impostors.
For more information on the California State Assembly 
Get all the information you need on the Scott Wilk Weekly Update  here!
For a full list of the KHTS Podcasts !
Don't miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita News  alerts delivered right to your inbox.