If you are like me, losing and finding the same 20 pounds for 20 years OR you’ve past a certain age and just can’t keep the belly fat away no matter how you starve or torture yourself at the gym. Listen…
- Drug addiction carries less of social stigma than obesity.
- Over weight people have 30% more chronic health problems than smokers and alcoholics.
Over weight people have a disproportionately higher risk of:
1. Heart Disease
3. Respiratory Disease
Don't miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita news alerts  delivered right to your inbox.
Want to stop starving yourself?
Low calorie diets are not sustainable and most weight loss is regained within the year and if done repeatedly, calorie restriction diets shift metabolic pathways and body composition towards fat deposition instead of fat burning.
- Eat more raw vegetables, they are nutritious filling fiber.
- Start growing your own sprouts. It’s easy to grow your own nutrient dense produce right on your countertop.
- Pick 1 dense fuel: carb, protein or fat per meal. A fistful of carbs, a protein portion the size of your palm or a thumb sized portion of fat. Before supersizing this way of eating was common.
Ready for an oil change?
The 50 year trend away from natural saturated fat towards processed unsaturated fats and carbohydrates has seen a proportional increase in the top five killer diseases.
- Top choice healthy fats include: coconut oil and butter for cooking, avocados, raw nuts and seeds.
Are you stressed out?
It could be metabolic. Insatiable cravings are often the sign of a chemical imbalance. Will power cannot win this fight.
1. When was the last time you woke up feeling great?
2. Do you have chronic aches or pains?
3. Are you easily irritated?
4. Do you suffer with allergies?
5. Do certain foods give you indigestion or worse?
Do you have a news tip? Call us at (661) 298-1220, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Request a free metabolic self-survey to see how your food choices are affecting your health at email@example.com  and please put the answers to the above 5 questions in the body of the e-mail .
There is hope! While my weight can still fluctuate up to 10 pounds, I have consistently kept 30 pounds of killer fat off for the past ten years and so can you! I’ve done my homework to make permanent weight loss easier for you.
Dr. Thomas Polucki is a Board Certified Doctor of Chiropractic, Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner, Certified Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner and Certified Metabolic Typing Advisor. Find more information at www.doctorpolucki.com . Functional Medicine services are available in most cities via internet consultations. Call 661-753-9340 to schedule a free phone consultation. Patients are seen by appointment at 25050 Peachland Avenue, Suite 105, Newhall, California 91321.