The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Office has offered a list of places that are safe for fireworks shows on July 4.
Don't miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita news alerts  delivered right to your inbox.
Department officials also ask that everyone use caution during July 4 and to be safe. Anyone who sees an individual with illegal fireworks is asked to report them. In 2012, Sheriff’s officials seized more than 20,000 pounds of illegal fireworks.
To provide any information about illegal fireworks, or any crime, please contact your local sheriff's station. If anyone wishes to remain anonymous, call “Crime Stoppers” by dialing 800-222-TIPS (8477), texting the letters TIPLA plus your tip to CRIMES (274637), or using the website http://lacrimestoppers.org 
Anyone in possession of the following fireworks could face a $500 fine, up to a year in jail and felony charges.
The following fireworks are illegal:
Sky Rockets/ Mortars
Cherry Bombs Palomitas
Fire Crackers Helicopters
Only fireworks labeled “safe and sane” by the state fire marshall are legal. The Los Angeles Fire Department also asks that anyone using “safe and sane” fireworks adhere to the following instructions:
- Always read directions and use common sense
- Have an adult present
- Use outdoors only – away from buildings, vehicles, dry grass and other flammable objects
- Light one at a time, then move away quickly
- Keep others at a safe distance
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person
- Never alter or take apart
- Do not give to young children under any circumstances
- Have a bucket of water handy for emergencies and for dousing misfired and spent fireworks
- Never attempt to re-light or fix malfunctioning fireworks
The following websites provide more information on safe places to go for July 4, how to handle firework related injuries and public safety tips.
Fireworks Shows in LA County (or call (888) 654-FIRE)
Safe 4th of July Website
Related Public Safety Websites
Do you have a news tip? Call us at (661) 298-1220, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Sheriff's Office Issues Safety Tips And Places To Go For July 4
Article: Sheriff's Office Issues Safety Tips And Places To Go For July 4 
Source: Santa Clarita News
Author: Gabrielle Moreira