The Relay for Life is set for May 18, 2013 at Central Park and plans to raise $500,000 in fundraising this year. Each year, more than 4 million people in over 20 countries raise much-needed funds and awareness to save lives from cancer through the Relay For Life movement.
What is a Relay Event?
- Organized, overnight community fundraising walk
- Teams of people camp out around a track
- Members of each team take turns walking around the track
- Food, games and activities provide entertainment and build camaraderie
- Family-friendly environment for the entire community
The event inspires Relay participants to take tangible action against a disease that has taken too much. Because it’s a team event, individual participants are not required to be there the entire time. But it's so much fun, you'll find it hard to leave!
For more information about The American Cancer Society and how to participate or donate, click here .