Deputies from the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station Crime Prevention Unit partnered with School Resource Deputies to conduct a crime prevention and suppression operation Friday night in Santa Clarita.
The goal of the operation was to focus on crimes involving drugs, vandalism and theft, among others, being committed by or around juveniles.
Don't miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita news alerts  delivered right to your inbox.
It is Captain Paul Becker’s goal to keep heroin and other drugs out of our community and away from our schools and youth. Therefore the operation focused on locations of recent community concerns and complaints, where juveniles and young adults frequently gather. Some of these locations included the city of Santa Clarita Skatepark (20840 Centre Pointe Parkway) and the Westfield Valencia Town Center (24201 W. Valencia Boulevard.).
Santa Clarita Deputies frequently conduct these types of operations to help deter and prevent crime and send a message that criminal activity around or involving our youth will not be tolerated.
The public and concerned parents frequently provide information about suspected criminal activity in our community and especially that which may affect our youth. Deputies ask if you have any information about illegal activity, including that taking place where juveniles congregate, that you report that information anonymously by calling 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or athttp://www.lacrimestoppers.org .
Friday’s operation resulted in the arrest of a number of juveniles or young adults for drug and other violations of the law as follows:
* A male juvenile was detained for possession of concentrated cannabis. He was later released on a notice to appear with a pending court date.
* A 24-year-old male was cited and released for possession of marijuana.
* A 23-year-old male was cited and released for driving a vehicle while in possession of marijuana.
* A male juvenile was cited and released for possession of tobacco products.
* A 19-year-old male was arrested and booked at Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station on charges of possession of concentrated cannabis, possession of marijuana, and possession of a controlled substance (ecstasy).