Placerita Junior High School is offering students two great tech-education camp opportunities this summer, in video production or LEGO robotics. Beginning camps are offered in two one-week sessions and the advanced camp is offered during a one-week session.
(Photo courtesy of LEGO.)
The Kid Flix video production camp is open to Placerita students entering 7th or 8th grade in the fall.
The Robotics camp is open to all students in the Hart School District ages nine to 14 years old. The cost of each camp is $150 and includes the cost of materials, a camp T-shirt and snacks.
Students also have the opportunity to attend the RoboTech Camp at Legoland California and participate in a culminating competition. Legoland is also offering a Movie Makers Camp. These are not overnight camps and transportation to Carlsbad must be provided or coordinated with the instructor and other families. Please see the website for pricing information for these specialty camps.
Paul Kass, teacher at Placerita Junior High and advisor of the Kid Flix and the Robotics team on campus, is excited to bring these opportunities to students with interest in video or robotics.
The ten camps will be offered on the following dates.
- SCV Beginning Kid Flix Camp - June 18 - June 22
- SCV Advanced Kid Flix Camp - June 25 - June 29
- SCV Beginning Robotics Camp - June 18 - June 22
- SCV Beginning Robotics Camp - June 25 - June 29
- SCV Advanced Robotics Camp - June 25 - June 29
- Beginning RoboTech @LEGOLAND® - July 16 - July 20
- Advanced RoboTech @LEGOLAND® - July 16 - July 20
- Movie Makers Camp @LEGOLAND - July 23 - July 27
- Advanced RoboTech @LEGOLAND® - July 23 - July 27
- Beginning RoboTech @LEGOLAND - July 23 - July 27
For more information on the camps and to sign up, click here .
You may contact Paul Kass at email@example.com .