SAVE THE DATE!
Saturday, March 31, 2012
Plan to attend the
Emergency Expo Access Hour
9:00 to 10:00 a.m.
NEW LOCATION: The Hyatt Valencia
Are you concerned what would happen to your special needs family member in an emergency or police encounter? Does your loved one need practice to interact safely with first responders? Do you worry what would happen if he or she got lost? If so, come to the Access Hour at the 2012 Emergency Expo from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. on Saturday March 31, 2012.
The Emergency Expo is back as a companion to the Home and Garden Show. Thanks to the event sponsors, KHTS Radio, the City of Santa Clarita, and Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital, the Access Hour is back, allowing special needs families to enjoy the Expo one hour before it opens to the public. It’s so cool and admission is FREE!
Come to the Access Hour at 9:00 on March 31 for some “up close and personal” quality time with first responders. Enjoy the many sights and activities of the Expo. You and your family members can:
- Get to know emergency personnel
- Learn about two excellent safety tools: The Special Needs Registry & EmFinders locator devices
- Experience what it feels to get into an ambulance or police car
- Climb in and out of emergency vehicles and see the KHTS’ 1948 Mack Fire Truck
- Learn ways to prepare for any type of emergency
- Visit with Smokey Bear, pet a Search and Rescue horse
- Learn to prepare your Earthquake Kit
Tell everyone you know with a special needs family member of any age and any special need or disability to come to the Access Hour. Don’t miss this excellent, free family outing sponsored by the City of Santa Clarita, KHTS Radio and SCAAN at the new location, the Hyatt Valencia, near the corner of McBean Parkway and Towne Center Drive.
Volunteers are needed to help with the Access Hour. For more information call Emily Iland, of the Santa Clarita Autism Asperger Network (SCAAN), at 661-297-4205 or email email@example.com .