An early winter storm developing over the Pacific Ocean will approach Southern California tonight and drop as much as an inch of rain on the region on Friday and Saturday, according to the latest forecast from the National Weather Service.
Light rain will develop over the ocean Friday afternoon or evening, and reach the Los Angeles basin around dawn Saturday. The rain is expected to turn to showers and then diminish from northwest to southeast across the region on Saturday afternoon.
Interior regions and desert areas are likely to get less rain, and snow is possible at higher elevations in the local mountains.
Today will be partly sunny with a high near 74, with north-northeast winds of 15-25 mph becoming southeast, and tonight's low will be around 48.
Don't miss a thing. Get breaking news alerts delivered right to your inbox! 
On Friday, Veterans Day, the service forecasts a 20 percent chance of rain after 10 a.m., increasing clouds and a high near 74, with light winds between 5-10 mph from the south. Friday night will be cloudy with a low around 49 and a 60 percent chance of precipitation.
Showers are more likely Saturday, mainly before 10 a.m. Skies will remain cloudy with a high near 65, calm wind from the south, and a 70 percent chance of precipitation. By Saturday night, it will be mostly cloudy, but the chances of rain will drop to 30 percent, with a low around 47.
Sunday, Monday and Tuesday will be mostly sunny, with daytime highs in the upper 60s to low 70s, and nighttime temps in the 40s.
Get the latest weather 24/7 right here on the SCV's No. 1 award-winning website.