A small brush fire burned less than an acre of hillside on the Valencia campus of College of the Canyons Tuesday afternoon.
The blaze is said to have been started by a discarded cigarette butt near a trash bin, which spread to some pine trees near the welding shop on campus.
No structures were involved or threatened and the fire was knocked down within a half-hour.
Don't miss a thing. Get breaking news alerts delivered right to your inbox 
Fire crews are still on scene for mop-up and making sure there are no hot spots.
Top photo by Carl Goldman, photos 2,3,4 by Logan Halaby