News Intern 
Santa Clarita's Hometown Station, AM-1220 KHTS, has a job opening for a News Intern.
One of the reasons KHTS AM-1220 is so valuable to our local community is because of the news coverage we provide to Santa Clarita. Unlike other mediums, KHTS can report breaking news live on the air, and is well-known for its emergency coverage, like the Buckweed Fire in 2007 and the Northridge earthquake in 1994.
Here are some of the job responsibilities of our news interns:
Cover Breaking News
- There’s no such thing as a normal day for a news intern. If a fire breaks out or deputies make a big arrest, you stop what you’re doing and head to the scene.
Report on Events
- Many times event organizers will invite the press to sporting events, concerts, plays and gala dinners. Our reporters have gone up in a WW-II airplane, covered the Oscars and been on the field at Dodger Stadium.
Go On-Air Every Day
- Like every media establishment, KHTS has deadlines. Our reporters are challenged to get as much information on-air as they can by their deadline. This involves writing special radio scripts and doing live on-air reports.
Write News Articles
- A growing part of every media company is their website. At KHTS, our news interns also write articles everyday for www.hometownstation.com .
Learn About How Things Work
- Many news interns love their job because it allows them to learn about almost everything. Ideal for curious people, a reporter’s job is to get to the bottom of big issues and translate the facts for the general public.
To succeed in our news internship, candidates should possess the following:
- Past experience working in an environment with daily deadlines
- Ability to communicate with a clear "voice", both on-air and in print
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work effectively and efficiently
If you're interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org  with your resume and 3-5 examples of your past work. No phone calls, please. Candidates that we think might be a good fit will be contacted. Thanks for your interested in AM-1220 KHTS!