Editor's note: We thought it might be fun, since we have a couple of great writers (Jason Galvin and Tim Haddock) in our sports department, to have them both come up with a Top Ten for 2010 - knowing that the lists would be different and that our listeners and readers would have their own opinions on the lists.
Here is Tim Haddock's take - which includes a view of sports not traditionally considered local, such as NASCAR, along with some amazing hyperlocal athletic achievements such as the AMAZING Saugus girls Cross Country Team (hey, I'm a big fan of Kaylin Mahoney). Don't miss Jason Galvin's list, found right next in line on hometownstation.com - Carol Rock
Don't miss a thing. Get breaking news alerts delivered right to your inbox 
Tim Haddock's 2010 Top Ten Sports Events
10. Nov. 4: Hart girls golf team advances to the CIF Southern Section final, finishes seventh at Western Hills Country Club in Chino Hills.
9. Oct. 16: Canyon Country’s RJ Johnson wins the NASCAR Late Model championship at Toyota Speedway at Irwindale. He won six races and finished in the top five in 14 of the 16 races.
8. Oct. 18: The Master’s College men’s golf team wins the National Christian College Athletic Association championship by 10 strokes at the Hombre Golf Club in Panama City, Fla. Kevin Anderson from The Master’s College won the three-day tournament shooting 3-under par.
7. June 22: Valencia’s Madison Shipman wins CIF Southern Section softball player of the year honors. She hit .411 with three home runs in her senior season. She is the third player from Valencia to earn CIF Southern Section softball player of the year honors.
6. Oct. 15: Valencia’s Steven Manfro breaks Foothill League record with 418 rushing yards in a 55-28 win over West Ranch. He broke the mark of 387 yards set by Saugus High’s Ryan Zirbel in 2007. Manfro also broke the school record of 354 yards sets by Shane Vereen in 2006. Manfro scored five touchdowns in the game.
5. May 17: West Ranch’s JJ Holen wins the CIF Northern Individual Regional at River Ridge Golf Club in Camarillo by two strokes. He shot a 5-under par 67 with seven birdies.
4. May 23: Bryan Herta Autosport qualifies for Indianapolis 500. Driver Sebastian Saavedra earned the last spot on the 33-car starting grid. He crashed his car in qualifying and was taken to a hospital, but was able to start the race. Valencia’s Bryan Herta earned his first starting spot in the Indy 500 as a team owner. It was the first time Herta tried to qualify a car in the Indy 500.
3. May 26: Valencia sophomore Alison Lee qualifies for the US Women’s Open for the second year in a row. She made the cut and finished 26th in 2009. She did not make the cut at Oakmont Country Club in Pennsylvania in 2010.
2. Aug. 7: Hart PONY baseball team wins Mustang World Series, 10-6, over Puerto Rico in Austin, Texas.
1. Nov. 28: Saugus girls cross country team wins fifth straight CIF state championship. Saugus broke the course record at Woodward Park in Fresno in 89 minutes, 21 seconds to win the CIF Division II state championship.
Canyon High graduate Greg Pursley wins two NASCAR K&N Pro Series West races and makes debut in NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.
Dec. 5: The College of the Canyons men’s soccer team advances to championship game of the California Community College State Championship game, loses 4-0 to Mt. San Antonio College.
March 2: Canyon boys soccer team reaches semifinal of CIF Southern Section Division III playoffs. It is the deepest boys soccer playoff run in school history. Canyon lost to Paramount, 4-2 on penalty kicks, in the semifinal.
March 10: Golden Valley pitcher Scott Barlow sets school record with 17 strikeouts against Lancaster in an 8-3 complete game win. He walked two and gave up two earned runs.
April 28: Valencia’s Trey Williams sets school record with three home runs in one game. He hit home runs in the second, third and sixth innings in a 15-5 win over West Ranch. He also drove in six runs.