Local residents are asked to make a 20-second video that explains, in whatever way you think is most convincing, what you would do with ultra-high speed bandwidth, the benefit to our community and why Santa Clarita would be the best place to try out this groundbreaking fiber project.
The videos must meet a certain criteria, listed here:
- Video must be submitted in a standard format, such as .wmv, .mpeg, .avi, .mp4, or .mov
- Video resolution must be 640 x 480, 720 x 480, 1280 x 720, or 1920 x 1080.
- Audio must be encoded as mp3 or AAC, in stereo, and with a sampling rate of 44.1 khz.
- Copyrighted music or content must not be included in your video.
- All actions and languages in the video must not be inappropriate.
- The size of your video must not exceed 200 MB.
- By uploading your video, you grant the City of Santa Clarita permission to use your image, likeness, actions, voice, and other personally identifiable information, in whole or in part, individually or in conjunction with other images, as part of any and all promotional materials and publications, and waive your rights of compensation or ownership thereto.
- All videos must be uploaded to the City's 4shared website 
You can also help by becoming a fan of the project on Facebook and sharing what you would do with ultra-high speed 1 GB Internet access. Videos will be accepted until March 22.
For more information, go to www.santa-clarita.com  and click on the Google Fiber Initiative link.