Friday’s ceremony comes with some interesting statistics.
More students will file through the graduation line Friday morning at College of the Canyons than have ever done so in the past. 1,255 students will be receiving their Associates degree, a 9.4% increase over last year.
Some other numbers, released by the college, reflect the school’s impact on our community:
- 60.9 percent of the graduates are women. 39.1 percent of them are men.
- 42 majors are represented. The leading major is transfer studies, followed by nursing.
- 457 ethnic minorities are part of the graduating class.
- The average age of a graduate is 25 years old.
- The youngest graduate is 16 years old. The oldest is 61 years old.
- 16 students will be graduating with 4.0 GPA’s.
- 211 students will graduate with honors.
- 34 graduates are International Students from a wide variety of countries including: Cameroon, Canada, China, Columbia, Ecuador, France, Germany, India, Japan, Macedonia, Mexico Pakistan, Peru, Romania, Russia, South Korea and the United Kingdom.
- The average class GPA is 2.98.
“It’s amazing to see how much we have grown these past few years,” said Sue Bozman, vice-president of marketing and external relations.
The graduation ceremony will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday, May 30th. KHTS congratulates all graduates!