SCHEDULE FOR 2008 SANTA CLARITA BUS TOUR - APRIL 21st – 22nd
April 21st, 2008
Arrive in Sacramento @ 2:30
• 2:50-3:05pm – Assemblyman Smyth – Opening Remarks (LOB Room 100)
• 3:05-3:20pm – Hunt Braly – Remarks on water (LOB Room 100)
(If time allows)
• 3:20-3:50pm – Will Kempton, Director, CalTrans (LOB Room 100)
• 4:00pm – Gary Kurutz – Principle Librarian for Special Collections, State Library Will meet group in LOB Room 100 @ 4:00
• 5:30pm – Check into Hotel
• 6:30pm – Cocktails @ Firehouse Restaurant
• 7:30pm – Dinner @ Firehouse Restaurant – Opening remarks
• 7:35pm Speaker – Jack O’Connell – Superintendent of Public Instruction
April 22nd, 2008
• Breakfast on own
• 8:30am – Senator George Runner (Room 127)
• 9:00am – 9:30am – Ron Davis, State Legislative Director, Association of California Water Agencies (ACWA) (Room 127)
• 9:30am – 10:00am – Assemblyman Mike Villines (Room 127)
Assembly Minority Leader
• 10:00am -10:30am – Assemblyman Martin Garrick, (Room 127)
Vice-Chair, Assembly Education Committee
• 10:30am – 11:30– Group takes VIP tour of Capitol (Room 127)
Tour Office will come to Room 127 to pick up group.
• 11:30 – 1:00 – Lunch on own – Check out of hotel
• 1:15 – 2:00pm –Alf Brandt, Principal Consultant (Room 126)
Water, Parks, and Wildlife Committee
• 2:15pm – 3:00 – Susan Stuart, Advocate (Room 126)
Santa Clarita Valley Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA)
• 3:00pm – Assemblyman Smyth gives closing remarks (Room 126)
• 3:30pm – Lobbying Time and Depart for Santa Clarita
NOTE: The room on the afternoon of April 22, Room 126, will be reserved until 4:30. If the group has arranged to meet with Senator McClintock he can come to Room 126 aftter 3:30.
LOCATION OF ROOMS:
Capitol Rooms 126 and 127 are located in the North Wing of the Restored side of the Capitol – upon entering the Capitol from the North entrance at L and 11th Streets (across and down the street from the Hyatt), turn right and go up the steps into the old, or restored, side of the Capitol. Both Room 126 and 127 are in that hallway.
LOB Room 100 is located in the Legislative Office Building (LOB) at 1020 N Street. The building is directly across from the South entrance to the Capitol and is at the corner of 11th and N Streets. Once in the building, turn left after going through the metal detector – the room is immediately to your left.
Reminder: You will have to go through metal detectors when entering both the Capitol and LOB – all bags and all metal objects will have to be x-rayed.