Santa Clarita’s finest volunteers highlighted in yearly event.
Wednesday night, nominations for the Santa Clarita Valley Man and Woman of the Year were announced.
The recognition program highlights local volunteers who are nominated by non-profit organizations they work with.
Each nominee will be recognized by the community for their efforts at a gala that will take place on Friday, May 2nd at the Hyatt. At the end of that evening, one Man and one Woman of the Year will be crowned.
Here are the nominees:
- Mary Ann Colf: Santa Clarita Valley Rotary Noon
- Grace Elliott: Elks
- Betty Rabin-Fung: Assistance League of Santa Clarita
- Shelly Hann: Betty Ferguson Foundation, HMNMH Foundation
- Janice Hoskinson: Child and Family Center Foundation
- Kris Hough: SCV Theatre Project, SCV Facilities Foundation
- Marlee Lauffer: Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital
- Jill Mellady: Michael Hoefflin Foundation, College of the Canyons Foundation
- Anna P. Ott: Boys and Girls Club of Santa Clarita Foundation
- Judy Penman: Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley, Circle of Hope
- Heidi Webber: Placerita Nature Center Associates
- Greg Amsler: Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital
- Harry Bell: Santa Clarita Valley Rotary Noon
- Kerry Carmody: The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Wayne Crawford: Carousel Ranch, Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital Foundation
- Jack Elliott: Elks
- Bruce Fortine: Betty Ferguson Foundation
- Carl Goldman: Zonta Club of Santa Clarita, the SCV Theatre Project, Santa Clarita Valley Disaster Coalition, Providence Holy Cross Foundation
- Bob Hudson: Samuel Dixon Family Health Care Centers
- John Mahaffey: the Boys and Girls Club Foundation of Santa Clarita
- Steve Sturgeon: Child and Family Center Foundation
- Jay Weiner: Gentle Barn
- Steve Zimmer: College of the Canyons Foundation