A full list of street closures during the Amgen Tour of California.
The Amgen Tour of California rolls into Santa Clarita February 23-24. The Tour de France style cycling road race will create many road closures and delays this weekend. Here is an outline of what to expect, along with alternate routes. Print out this page and keep in the car.
Stage 6 Street Closures, Friday Feb. 22 and Saturday, Feb. 23::
* McBean Pkwy. between Magic Mtn. Blvd and Valencia Blvd. will be closed to ALL through traffic from 10:00 p.m. Friday, Feb. 22 to 10:00 p.m. Saturday Feb. 23.
The public should expect some delays or closures between the hours of 2-3:30 p.m. on Saturday, February 23 at the following locations:
* I-5 off ramp at Newhall Ranch Rd. to McBean Pkwy. and all intersections between including: Vanderbilt Way, Aurora Dr., Copper Hill Dr., Home Depot entrance, Avenue Tibbitts and the Bridgecrest Apartments.
* The northbound offramps from Interstate 5 onto Magic Mountain Parkway and State Highway 126 will be closed between 2 and 3:30 p.m. Saturday, February 23
* The Newhall Ranch Rd and McBean Pkwy intersection.
* McBean Pkwy. (southbound) from Newhall Ranch Rd. to Magic Mountain Pkwy. and intersections between including: Baywood Lane, Avenue Scott, and Creekside Ave.
* Valencia Blvd. (westbound) from McBean Pkwy. to Tourney Rd.
* Tourney Rd. (northbound) from Valencia Blvd. to Magic Mountain Pkwy.
* Magic Mountain. Pkwy. (eastbound) from Tourney Rd. to McBean Pkwy
Suggested Alternate Routes for Saturday::
* For travel in and out of Santa Clarita from the west side, drivers are encouraged to use Interstate 5 and the 14, as well as San Fernando Rd. and Lyons Avenue. Eastbound Valencia Blvd. will remain open.
* Westbound Magic Mountain Pkwy. will experience temporary delays between 2:15 and 3:00 p.m. on Saturday.
* Westbound Newhall Ranch Rd. to Hwy 126 and I-5 north will remain open.
* Northbound McBean Pkwy. will remain open.
Stage 7 Street Closures - Sunday, February 24, 2008
The public should expect some delays or closures between the hours of 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, February 24 at the following locations:
* McBean Parkway northbound from Town Center Drive to Newhall Ranch Rd. and all intersections between including: Creekside Dr, Avenue Scott, Baywood Lane
* Newhall Ranch Rd. eastbound from McBean Pkwy. to Bouquet Cyn and all intersections between including: Bridgeview Lane, Grandview Lane, Hillsborough Pkwy. and Nautical Lane
* Bouquet Canyon Rd. northbound from Newhall Ranch Rd. to Vazquez Cyn. and all intersections between including: Best Buy/Citibank intersection, Espuella Dr., Festividad Dr., Seco Canyon Rd., Camargo Dr., Alamogordo Rd., Central Park, Centurion Way, Heidi Jo Lane, Haskell Canyon Rd., Susan Beth Way, Sutters Pointe Dr., Urbandale Ave.
* Bouquet Canyon Rd. northbound and southbound from Wellston Dr. to Vasquez Cyn Rd. and all intersections between including: Wellston Dr., Plum Canyon Rd., Steve Jon St., Russ Jay, Sue Dr., Benz Rd., Fan Ct., Pam Ct., Hob Ct., David Way, Shadow Valley Ln., Hayfork Rd., and Esquerra Rd.
* Vasquez Cyn. Rd. from Bouquet Canyon to Sierra Hwy and all intersections between including: Lost Creek Rd., Burton Way, Vasquez Way, Meadstone Rd., and Gaspe St.
* Sierra Hwy from Vasquez Cyn. to Sand Cyn. Rd. including Garyford Rd.
* Sand Cyn. Rd. from Sierra Hwy to Soledad Cyn. Rd and all intersections between including: Thompson Ranch Rd., Vista Point Lane, N. Silver Saddle Cir., Silver Saddle Cir.
* Soledad Cyn Rd. from Sand Cyn Rd. to Stone Crest Rd. and all intersections between including: 14 Fwy. on and off ramps, Prairie Lane, Oak Spring Cyn., Rue Entrée, Flower Park Dr., Poppy Meadow St., Raquel Lane, Shadow Pines Blvd., Mammoth Lane, Lang Station Rd., Stone Crest Rd.
* The northbound offramp from State Highway 14 to Sand Canyon Road will be susceptible to short term closure between noon and 1 p.m. and the northbound offramp to Soledad Canyon Road will be closed between noon and 1 p.m. Sunday.
* The southbound offramp from State Highway 14 to Sand Canyon Road will be closed between noon and 1 p.m. and the southbound offramp from State Highway 14 to Soledad Canyon Road will remain open to access westbound Soledad Canyon Road only.
Cyclists will continue via Soledad Canyon Road, taking a right on Aliso Canyon Road and a right on Angeles Forest, another right on Angeles Crest and proceed to the race conclusion in Pasadena.
Suggested alternate routes for Sunday:
* For travel in and out of Santa Clarita from the west side to Interstate 5 and the 14, take San
Fernando Rd. and Lyons Avenue.
* Valencia Blvd. will remain open.
* McBean Parkway southbound will remain open
* Magic Mountain Parkway will experience temporary delays between noon and 12:30 p.m.
* Westbound Newhall Ranch Rd. to Hwy 126 and I-5 will remain open.