Keeping residents safe and out of harms way, especially during the holidays, is a high priority for the City of Santa Clarita.
While the City, law enforcement and the Fire Department will be doing everything they can to protect residents this holiday season, residents and businesses are reminded of a few simple safety tips:
- Check your smoke alarm
- Use tree lights with a reflector bulb rather than a bare bulb
- Always unplug Christmas tree lights before going to bed or leaving the house
- Keep your tree well watered and moist to deter it from drying out
- Keep tree away from fireplaces and radiators
- Only purchase ‘Fire-Retardant’ type artificial trees
- Keep candles AWAY from the Christmas tree and don’t leave them unattended
- Don’t overload electric sockets
- Don’t leave items on the stove unattended
- Don’t place decorations on lights or heaters
- Have an Escape Plan and make sure the family knows it!