Ten Year Old Trying To Make A Difference For Fire Victims In SCV
Like all ten year old kids, Dillon Morse loves junk food and cartoons. But he's doing something that sets him apart from most others ... again.
Dillon formed Dillons Dollars, his own company in 2005 to raise money for the relief effort of Tsunami victims overseas. His efforts were a success and he raised a total of $5,100 which was donated to the Red Cross and Save the Children. As Santa Clarita turns the last page of tragedy in the Santa Clarita Fires, a new chapter of support and charity is being written. This time Dillon is raising funds for the families in Southern California that lost their homes.
Dillons Dollars will be donating 90% of what is raised to the families in Canyon Country and the remaining 10% will be given to the Red Cross.
Gold Medal Martial Arts will be hosting a "Dollar Week" next week where the students are being encouraged to bring a dollar to each class they attend. In addition, Bowman High School will be hosting a "Dollar Day" on Tuesday, November 6th. Dillon is hoping that more schools and more businesses get involved because he believes that it is our community's duty to help one another. "I think that if we all help a little bit, it'll help those families a lot," says Dillon.
This young boy is taking an active role to support those in need after a tragedy. To donate you can use your paypal credit card at www.dillonsdollars.com. 
If you are a business or school that would like to participate please contact Marni Morse at (661) 607-6639 or email firstname.lastname@example.org