Let Me Sail 
Lifestyle Enrichment Through Meaningful Exercise, Social Activity, & Independent Living
The mission of LETMESAIL is to provide therapeutic, social, recreational, and educational opportunities for differently-abled individuals with disabilities (and their family members) enabling them to maximize their potential to lead a more independent, healthy, and enriched quality of life through a wide variety of activities held on-site at its Lifestyle Enrichment Center as well as a myriad of community-based activities.
People with disabilities have many talents, skills, capabilities, and unique traits. These talents and abilities can be used positively to benefit themselves and society. These individuals are not so much disabled as they are differently "abled", and as such deserve a quality lifestyle where they can reach their full potential as human beings. By empowering differently-abled individuals with skills, knowledge, and opportunities, we are encouraging them to be self-sufficient and optimize their potential to lead an enriched, independent lifestyle.
All of the program components of LETMESAIL are designed to increase the social, mental and physical wellbeing of individuals with disabilities and their family members. Differently-abled participants will have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of therapeutic, recreational, social and educational opportunities throughout the year. The goals of LETMESAIL are designed to address the needs of both clients and family members.
Clients with Disabilities Will:
* Increase their time spent in meaningful social, recreational, and educational activities.
* Benefit from more socialization (instead of isolation) and improved social functioning skills.
* Have fun and make new friends.
* Improve their access to integrated community activities.
* Gain optimum independence and increased self-sufficiency.
* Improve their employment readiness skills.
* Become happier & healthier and enjoy an improved quality of life.
Parents, Caregivers & Family Members Will:
* Enjoy affordable "respite care" opportunities for their loved one with disabilities.
* Receive guidance, support, resource, referral, advocacy, and educational information on parenting a special needs child or adult.
LETMESAIL currently offers a wide variety of on-site and community based activities including:
* Independent Living Skills Instruction
* Therapeutic Art Classes
* Cooking Club and Nutrition Classes
* Parties, Dances, and Special Events
* Parent Education Workshops and Support Groups
* Bunko, Bingo, and Themed Activity Nights
* Music, Drama, and Cultural Activities
* Tae Bo Exercise Classes
* Trips to Sporting Events
* Peer and Volunteer Integration
* Resource, Referral, and Advocacy
* Family Activities
* Partnership with Adult Day Programs
* SNAP Sports Training & Competition
* Day Camps
* Travel Trips
* Summer Camp
* Music and Drama Activities
* More activities added regularly!
Clients served by LETMESAIL are males and females aged 16 years old and above who are ‘differently-abled’ and reside in the City of Santa Clarita and the surrounding communities. Participants include individuals aged 16 years old and above who have Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, hearing and vision impairments, physical disabilities and a wide range of intellectual disabilities. Services are offered by LETMESAIL, Inc. regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex or handicapping condition.