McKeon Announces Service Academy Nominees From Local High Schools
Today Congressman Howard “Buck” McKeon announced his 2012 Military Service Academy Nominations.
“I am pleased to announce my Military Service Academy Nominations for 2012,” said Congressman McKeon. “These students have undergone a long and rigorous application process which includes physical evaluations, physical fitness tests and interviews.
I commend these students for their hard work and am proud to offer nominations to each of them. Our country is fortunate to have young men and women like these who wish to defend our freedom and protect our country.”
Don't miss a thing. Get breaking news alerts delivered right to your inbox
Nominees for the service academies presented by McKeon include:
Academy of the Canyons
- Diana Munoz – Air Force, Merchant Marine
- Michael James Glasgow – West Point
- Luke Maxfield – West Point, Annapolis
- Jared Taylor Turner – Annapolis, Merchant Marine
- Samuel Peckham – Annapolis
- Ryan Dolan – Annapolis
Santa Clarita Christian
- Daniel Gordon Curry – Annapolis, Air Force
- Jared Carbajal – West Point
- Michael James Smith – West Point
- Tyler Dimson – Air Force
- Christian Dadulak – West Point, Merchant Marine
- Ashley Welker – Annapolis
- Daniel Ruppert – Air Force
- Cheyenne Schloffman – Air Force
While earning a nomination does not guarantee selection for an appointment to a military academy, these students have proven to be among the most competitive students in the nation. To receive an offer of appointment to the U.S. Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy or Merchant Marine Academy, an individual must (1) apply to the academy of choice and (2) apply for a nomination from a nominating source. These sources are the President, Vice President, U.S. Senator, U.S. Congressman, etc. Applications to the U.S. Coast Guard Academy do not require a nomination.
More about the nomination process and how to apply for an appointment to a military academy can be found at www.mckeon.house.gov.