City's Holiday Card Art Contest
For those who love to draw, paint or take photographs, the City of Santa Clarita wants your artwork! The City is inviting artists to submit their original artwork for a holiday card art contest.
The 2011 holiday card theme is “Peace on Earth.” Submissions for the 2011 Holiday Card contest will be accepted through Friday, October 14, 2011. Selected artwork will also be displayed at City Hall at the First Floor Gallery from Thanksgiving through New Year’s. The winning submission will be included on the City of Santa Clarita’s 2011 holiday card.
Don't miss a thing. Get breaking news alerts delivered right to your inbox
“The City is inviting artists of all ages to submit their artwork, using the theme of “Peace on Earth.” The winner could be a school-aged child or an adult, you never know!” commented Phil Lantis, Arts and Events Administrator.
All submissions for the City’s 2011 holiday card contest must be entirely original work by the submitting artist and cannot include any copyrighted images or likeness. All submissions must include the artist’s name, address, contact phone number and must be provided to the City no later than Friday, October 14, 2011, at 5 p.m.
Here are the entry details provided by the City:
1. Create original artwork on a white sheet of paper 8 1/2"x 11" OR 11" x 14"
2. Use paint or pen or markers to create your holiday card.
3. Photography art submissions will also be accepted.
4. Dimensional art is acceptable IF it can be photo copied.
5. Artwork should reflect the theme, "Peace 0n Earth."
6. All original artwork submitted becomes the property of the
City of Santa Clarita.
7. Artwork MUST be entirely original work, by the submitting artist
and cannot include any copyrighted images or likeness.
8. ALL submissions must include your name, address, contact phone number
and must be provided to the City no later than Friday
October 14, 2011 at 5 p.m.
Artists should send their submissions to: Jeff Barber, Arts and Events Office, City of Santa Clarita, Activities Center, 20880 Center Pointe Parkway, Santa Clarita, CA 91350. Any questions should be directed to: Jeff Barber, Arts and Events Supervisor at: 661-250-3779.