Create Your Dream Beach House In SCV!
"A thing of beauty is a joy forever" --- John Keats
By bringing the summer indoors where you live, you will renew your interest in your home this season with some affordable touches that are fun to create.
Do you want to change the look of one room or your whole house? You decide. It all starts with the inspiration.
Choose from this list of ideas to create fresh summer style. Choose what you like and let the rest go. But don't wait too long. Summer doesn't last forever!
Don't miss a thing. Get Tami's great articles delivered right to your inbox!
If you have an hour,
- Pull out vases and pots for fresh plants
- Place a comfy lounging chair beside a window and enjoy the view
- Exchange fresh vibrant or pastel candles for dark ones
- Place a pair of potted plants or topiaries on either side of a buffet or fireplace mantle
If you have an afternoon,
- Hang a pair of sheer drapery panels in a doorway between two rooms where the summer breeze can catch them
- Place a decorative vintage screen door, garden gate, or shelf in a corner of the room
- Replace dingy lampshades with clean white linen shades
- Make an interesting side table out of a concrete garden urn. Place artificial flowers or stones in the bottom and a piece of glass on top
If you have a weekend,
- Rearrange your furniture to get a fresh look
- Trade a heavy piece of leather furniture for an airy, open painted chair
- Place interesting baskets on storage shelves
Not all of us can afford a weekend beach retreat, so by making simple changes, your home can become a fresh, airy, and comfortable space to enjoy the summer.
Large space or small, or anything in between, sometimes the help of a professional designer is just what you need to complete your design project. I have a passion for great design. Please call so we can discuss your design project. (661) 430-0127
Tami Smight Interiors, a full-service interior design firm, has been gracing southern California homes with warm, accessible designs since 2004.