Mold and Your Health
When it comes to the safety and security of you and your children one would expect their home to be just that, a safe environment to live in. None of us want to believe that harmful toxins may be lurking right under our nose.
Santa Clarita is usually a mild climate, but with an unusually rainy season this year, the environment is not just welcoming greener pastures. The type of toxin that is showing itself and can pose a serious danger to you and your family is mold.
Mold is a fungus that grows on plants and their spores can travel through the air. Mold spores can cause mild to severe allergies like; sneezing, itchy and watery eyes, bronchitis, headache and asthma.
For children however, these allergy symptoms can become more severe and should not be taken lightly. If not treated promptly, children can develop asthma, bronchitis, nausea, fatigue, fever and even cancer. Usually, an air purifier or an air filter in a room can temporarily alleviate breathing problems. Another way to temporarily relieve breathing difficulties is Vics vapor rub.
Mold thrives in damp locations and is most likely to visit places like; bathrooms, attics, basements, under sink cabinets, closets, foam pillows and room air conditioner units. Mold can also hide deep in carpets and on lower portions of walls which can pose somewhat of a challenge to detect.
The most efficient way to get rid of mold would be to spray a generous amount of bleach on the area and let it soak for about one hour to ensure that the fungus is terminated. Another way to treat mold is to keep your bathroom area and bedrooms well ventilated, by either opening windows during the day or by using a fan.
To learn more about how to eliminate mold from your home visit Santa Clarita Molly Maid at 18350 Soledad Canyon Rd. Santa Clarita, C.A 91387 or call (661) 298-1800
Check out other articles in our SCV "Your Home Inside And Out" section.