Spa 101 For The guys In Your Life
By Michelle Linzy
Women are not the only ones that understand the value of going to the spa. Men are making the choice to include spa treatment into their lifestyle as well. Here is a list of the most important things men need to know before, during and after their trip to the spa.
1. Underwear selection is up to you – you decide if you want to wear boxers, briefs or go commando during a massage or body treatment. Your professional spa technician will be fine with whatever you choose to do.
2. Shave if you are having a facial – this will help you receive the most from your facialist because he/she will be able to treat any ingrown hairs, razor burn or facial irritations that can occur from the use of an old razor.
Click here to sign up for our weekly Health And Beauty newsletter!
3. Arrive at least 10 minutes early - this will allow time to fill out any registration forms, change and decompress.
4. Turn off any mobile devices – spa treatments are meant to be relaxing but that can immediately change with the piercing sound of a cell phone. It is also rude to disturb others around you that want to experience a relaxing and soothing environment.
5. Shower before your massage – smelling clean and feeling fresh will make the massage experience a very pleasant one for both you and your masseuse.
6. Use your inside voice – the spa experience is a calm and soothing experience for both you and those around you. You are not at a sporting event…no need to shout or speak loudly.
7. Talk to your spa technician – inform them of any concerns you have such as allergies, medications that may be affecting your appearance or physical ailments (pulled muscle, torn ligaments). He or she will then be able to customize your facial, massage or nail treatment.
8. Do not put on body lotion before waxing – it is much easier to remove the strip wax and the experience will also be less painful. Definitely inform your technician if you are using Accutane or Retin-A because it will prevent your skin from being removed along with your hair.
9. Tip your spa technician – it is customary to show appreciation to your spa technician with a 15-20% tip. Your spa technician will also remember you and will make a point to take special care of you at your next appointment.
10. Do not work out after a spa treatment – the purpose of a spa treatment is to put your mind, body and spirit in a relaxed state. The last thing you want to do is go and tense them up again immediately afterwards.
Following these steps will contribute to an unbelievable spa experience. Glen Ivy is ready, willing and able to welcome you to a spa experience you won’t soon forget.
To view our other Health And Beauty articles, click here!