Top Nine Trends For Spring
By Michelle Linzy
If you want to be in style, take notes. This information is right from New York’s Fashion Week and these are the top trends for Spring.
1. Shorts – During New York’s fashion week, shorts were shown by everyone in their spring collections. Whether roomy and short, Capri –length or blouse-y and long, shorts are a must have for Spring
2. ’70s and ’80s Dominate – A lot of colorful, drape-y caftan and maxi dresses were making their way down the runway. Full colored pantsuits and full-length halter dresses were also making their appearance during Fashion Week.
Click here to sign up for our weekly Health And Beauty newsletter!
3. Print Madness – Floral prints are taking center stage this spring with tiny flower prints on the dresses for youth, cut-out flower designs and painted multi-colored garments.
4. Manly vs Girly – Frilly, flouncy dresses with strong masculine belts and high water tuxedos make for a stunning juxtaposition.
5. Rainbow Bright colors – Fuchsia and green, along with orange and yellow are all colors that will be making a splash this Spring.
6. America the Beautiful – Look for a lot of red, white and blue dresses. Michael Kors is leading the way with easy separates that showcase the American spirit.
7. Back to Earth – The two materials that will be seen a lot are suede and leather. These two materials are definitely associated with the chic hippie look and will be available this Spring.
8. Laser cuts – These intricate laser cut pieces have the appearance of lace and can also make a piece look three-dimensional. Suno showed a dress in which the laser cut made the audience wonder how the dress was held up.
9. High-waisted, Wide-legged Pants –Marc Jacobs has pink silk versions. Bagley Mishka sent his white and grey trousers down the runway and Derek Lam’s denim jeans are accessorized with a skinny belt
Labels SCV is the place to go if you don’t want to be a fashion misfit. They can help you update your wardrobe and keep you in style.
To view our other Health And Beauty articles, click here!