Make Your Home A Welcoming Retreat
If you have a beach cottage, congratulations! But if a weekend beach home is not in your budget, then bring the beach to Santa Clarita!
With properly chosen paint colors, fabrics window coverings and accessories, your home can reflect a warm beach-like glow.
There are a variety of elements that make this room feel like a summer retreat. Consider adding these to a room in your home and you will feel like you are on vacation the moment you enter your house!
1. The calm color palette has warm tones of cream, butter yellow, and brown. These natural colors echo the colors of the sand .
2. Floor to ceiling linen draperies offer light control and privacy when closed, but allow the light to pour in during the day when drawn open.
3. A stone floor throughout the living space visually expands the space, while the oversized area rugs anchor the seating group in the living room.
4. Large sliding glass doors blur the boundary from indoors to outdoors and creates a flow, drawing visitors to move through the room and explore the patio.
5. All upholstered pieces are covered in the same butter shade of linen, which is calming, unifying and the textured fabric will stand up to wear and tear.
I can almost hear the sound of the pounding surf… what, oh, I guess that is the Decoro traffic!
If you need help in pulling this look together or creating a room to reflect your unique personality, please call Tami at 661 430-0127!
Tami Smight Interiors, a full-service interior design firm, has been gracing southern California homes with warm, accessible designs since 2004.