Teaching Pilates: What is The Return On Your Investment?
What is the Return on your Investment?
by Karena Thek Lineback
You are inspired to begin a new career focused on improving the health of others. You will invest time, money and sweat. What will the return be on this investment that you are committing to? The return is as different as every person is different but here are just a few things that may be on your return:
- More Time With Family. When you invest in a Pilates career you are investing in spending more time with the people you love. You can create your own schedule which means you can be home when you want to be.
- Healing others. In Pilates, we work with those interested in being toned and uber-fit but the media is always talking about how Pilates is great for pain. With that kind of media attention, you can expect to work with people who need healing. They will put themselves in your hands for guidance. The rewards of watching a person’s personality change because they are no longer hurting is incalculable.
- Inspiration. Not only will you constantly be inspired by your clientele’s ability to create change, your role as a Pilates instructor is an inspiration to others. You will be a role model for health as you guide hundreds of people to better lives.
- Creativity and Science. To be a great Pilates instructor you have to be creative and scientific. You have to know the science behind each and every exercise you choose and you have to be creative to program effective repertoires that yield high results. This is a career where science and intuition marry.
- Your choice. Your career in Pilates is your choice. You will be running the show. Do you want to focus on anatomy? on psychology? on alternative healing? Or maybe you like to write? How about media interviews? Maybe you have a former career that you can see combining with your new Pilates career? Everything is possible. It’s a world you can create.
- The best part. You’ll never have a job again. Pilates is a career. It’s a way to live what you love and grow for life.
We are excited for you to begin your new life as a Pilates professional. Let us know how we can help.
Karena Thek Lineback is the operator of Pilates Teck and SCV Therapy Services in Newhall. She is the author of Osteo Pilates and host of the nationwide public television program "Pilates for Healthy Bodies." She also hosts Today's Women and Health on AM-1220. To learn more about living a healthy lifestyle, or to ask Karena questions, visit www.OsteoPilates.com or call 661.260.1609.