How The Dodgers Can Help Your Non-Profit Organization
Over the years, the Dodgers have supported thousands of non-profit organizations that are devoted to making a change in communities in and around Los Angeles. The Dodgers grant these non-profits various memorabilia that can be used in auctions or raffles.
For example, on March 27, 2008 the Boys & Girls Club of Santa Clarita Valley held their 37th Annual Auction fundraiser. There were appearances by former All-Star Dodger shortstop Bill Russell, former Dodger first baseman and Hall-of-Famer Eddie Murray, and former general manager Kevin Malone. (To read more about this past event, click here.)
The Dodgers have also donated to other Santa Clarita non-profits such as LARC Ranch and the William S. Hart Baseball Complex.
Given the large amount of Dodger fans in our city, this is a great opportunity for our city's non-profits to increase awareness of their respective causes.
Please feel free to make a donation request to the Dodgers organization, and they will be more than happy to help assist your non-profit organization. The best time to send in a request is during the regular season.
The guidelines are below (per the team's website):
• All requests must be submitted in writing on your organization's letterhead, at least six weeks prior to the date of the event.
• All requests must be mailed to us at the address below. We do not accept requests that are made by telephone, fax or email.
• Each request must contain the following information about your organization:
- History, mission and purpose
- Date of event
- Mailing address and a contact name
- Federal Tax ID Number
• Please understand that due to the volume of requests received most donations are fulfilled only a couple weeks before the event. However, in most cases you will receive confirmation of your request by mail within two weeks of our receipt.
• As a matter of policy, we cannot consider any requests for organizations located outside California.
• The decision whether to make a donation is at the sole discretion of the Los Angeles Dodgers Community Relations Department.
Please mail all requests to:
Los Angeles Dodgers
Community Relations Department
1000 Elysian Park Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Let us know if your non-profit plans on holding a fundraiser or auction featuring Dodger donations. We'll make an announcement in our Dodger Express newsletter and then do a story on the event.
By Nick Sulpizio