IHOP Gives Out Free Pancakes Today For Charity
National Pancake Day benefits Children's Miracle Network.
It's National Pancake Day at all IHOP restaurants in Santa Clarita, which means that residents have until 10:00 p.m. to get their free short stack of buttermilk pancakes. The whole event is designed to raise money for the Children's Miracle Network and other charities by inviting the pancake recipients to make a donation.
Millions have been raised over the last four years, and this year, IHOP aims to collect $1.75 million nationwide with the pancake giveaway.
The event ends at 10:00 p.m. Tuesday Feb 23, 2010.
There are three IHOP restaurants in Santa Clarita. They are in Canyon Country, Saugus and Valencia. To learn more, or to donate online, visit www.ihoppancakeday.com.
In anticipation of National Pancake Day, IHOP released some fun statistics from last year's event:
- In 2009, pancake lovers donated nearly $1.5 million to children's charities, far exceeding the fundraising goal.
- IHOP served 2.5 million free pancakes on National Pancake Day 2009.
- All of the free pancakes served on National Pancake Day 2009 would have created a stack more than 20 miles high.
- Since the inception of National Pancake Day in 2006, IHOP has raised more than $3.25 million and given away more than 6.1 million pancakes to support charities in the communities in which it operates.
- National Pancake Day 2009 was IHOP's largest one-day event in the company's 51-year history.
1,433 IHOP restaurants operate in 50 U.S. states, Canada and Mexico.