Safety Tips For Trick Or Treaters From LA County Fire
Everyone wants to have a safe and happy Halloween. Here are some great safety tips from Los Angeles County Fire Department that can help you make the most of your Halloween season and make it as enjoyable for your kids as it is for you!
- Do not let kids trick or treat alone. If you can't go with your child, make sure they are accompanied by another adult or friends.
- If your child is trick or treating with another adult or friends, make sure you know where they are going.
- Tell your child not to go into anyone's home without your permission.
- Check and make sure costumes are flame proof.
- Masks should not restrict vision or breathing.
- Carry a flashlight or glow stick, not a candle.
- Do not put your jack-o'-lanterns near drapes or other flammable materials. Consider using specially designed battery operated lights to light up your jack-o'-lantern.
- Remember to stop, drop, and roll if clothing catches fire.
- Do not allow your child to eat any candy unless you have checked it first.
- Teach your child how to call 911 in case of emergency.