Re-elect Paul Strickland - William S Hart School Board
Committee to Re-elect Paul Strickland
24422-A Hampton Drive
Valencia, California, 91355
(661) 799-0808; Cell (661) 714-0999; Fax (661) 799-0888
During my 8-year Hart Board tenure, our district has passed two bonds that have enabled us to build and modernize our schools. Over 90% of our sophomores pass the high school exit exam at their first attempt. Our public schools rank in the top 20% nationwide in both language arts and mathematics.
Families continue to flock to the Santa Clarita Valley because we have strong, safe public education facilities that are focused on student success. That success, however, is not just measured in academic accomplishments, but also in vocational training, athletics and the arts. We must ensure that non-college-bound students are prepared to enter the workforce upon graduation.
My wife and I are 26-year Santa Clarita residents with three children who completed their education in Hart District schools. My professional work experience includes over thirty years in the animation industry. I am also a radio host, columnist, loan officer and businessman. This wide range of skills is beneficial to me as a school board member.
I pledge to do all I can to see to it that a high school is built in Castaic, and that the performing arts centers at Canyon and Saugus are completed. Please re-elect me.
I am the only incumbent on the ballot, and it is important that we retain my valuable experience in order to accomplish unfinished goals.
Please support me with your vote, and your generous campaign donation that can be mailed to the Committee to Re-elect Paul Strickland FPPC ID # 1279120 at the address on the heading of this letter.
- Honor the voting public who overwhelmingly approved Measure SA, which clearly featured the construction of Castaic High School. Identify the site, hire an architect, and build the school as soon as possible.
- Build the Arts Education Centers at Saugus and Canyon High schools.
- Complete the modernization of all existing schools to bring them up to parity with newer facilities.
Top 3-Platform Issues
- We must continue to provide a quality education in a safe environment for all students.
- We must ensure that non-college bound students are adequately prepared to enter the workforce by teaching the technological and business skills that will allow them to do so.
- We must continue to maintain the high level of Academic Performance Index scores that place the Hart District at the top of the list of all high school districts in the state of California
Endorsements (partial list)
United States Congressman Howard "Buck" McKeon
LA County Supervisor Michael Antonovich
California Senator Tony Strickland
California Senator George Runner
California Assemblyman Cameron Smyth
California Assemblywoman Audra Strickland
Santa Clarita Councilwoman Laurene Weste
Santa Clarita Councilwoman Marsha McLean
Hart District Board member Patricia Hanrion
Hart District Board member Gloria Mercado Fortine
Hart District Board member Dennis King
Hart District Board member Steve Sturgeon
COC Board member Michele Jenkins
COC Board member Joan MacGregor
COC Board member Bruce Fortine
COC Board member Scott Wilk
Santa Clarita City Council candidate Tim Ben Boydston
Santa Clarita City Council candidate David Gauny
SCV Chamber of Commerce
Building Industry Association
Hart District Teachers
The Signal Newspaper
KHTS AM-1220 Radio
Carl Goldman and Jeri Seratti Goldman