Mothers Day Celebrates The Best And Worst Of Parenting
On Sunday, Moms across the world will get a special thank you, a nice meal, and a chance to look back on all the joys of being a parent.
Of course, the joys of motherhood inevitably come with some of the less attractive aspects, but in most cases the good far outweighs the bad, and the experience as a whole provides a unique outlook for every mom on the planet.
We've scoured the internet for the most and least appreciated aspects of being a mother.
The 10 Best Things About Being A Mom
1) Hearing your children laugh or giggle.
2) Playing with your children.
3) You are adored in a way that even your college boyfriend couldn't match.
4) You get to buy cute clothes without the guilt; they just aren't for you.
5) You get to spend hours reading kids' books.
6) You gaze at the most beautiful thing in the entire world on a daily basis.
7) You lose your jaded outlook as your baby sees things for the first time.
8) You get to watch your children learn and grow.
9) You get homemade gifts that are worth more than bought ones.
10) Hearing your children say "I love you" for the first time.
The 10 Worst Things About Being A Mom
1) Cleaning up vomit.
2) Children's' temper tantrums.
3) Other people judging your parenting.
4) Having that "hard to lose" baby weight.
5) Stretch marks.
6) Being expected to own a mini van.
7) Hearing your child say, "I hate you."
8) Spending more money.
9) Losing the ability to be selfish.
10) You can't go out and party whenever you want.
By now it should be clear why we choose to celebrate motherhood. But simply celebrating isn't enough...you have know how to celebrate. Not all gifts are created equal. Thought, not money is usually the most important aspect of a Mother's Day gift, at least according to KHTS staff members, who compiled this list of the worst gifts they've ever received.
The 10 Worst Gifts
2) Duct Tape
4) Thrift Store perfume
6) Used items
7) Cruise line Jewelry
8) Star Trek Poster
9) Gifts from that were thoughtful but they were not executed the right way. (Attention husbands!)
10) Mice in a cage
So take notes husbands, boyfriends, fathers, and sons. Mothers Day is Sunday! A call or a card go a long way, and don't forget to say "Thanks, Mom."