You Have A Friend Request From Mother Earth
In preparation for the City’s celebration of Earth Day and Arbor Day tomorrow, 300 one-gallon oak trees are being donated by the Newhall Land and Farming Company for distribution at the event.
The oak trees were grown from acorns collected from oak trees on Newhall Ranch and nurtured at Newhall Land’s nursery facility. The event, which will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Central Park, will feature Earth-friendly activities, including an e-waste collection; music, food and entertainment on two stages for all age groups.
In addition, the park will be divided into zones, focusing on special activities.
Energy Zone: Come see displays by solar companies, green builders, and companies developing alternative energy use products for the home.
- Community Zone: Non-profit and community groups will present displays, hands-on opportunities and giveaways for visitors.
- EcoZone: Visit the Eco Footprint Tent and find out your demand on the Earth using an on-line carbon footprint test.
- Green Car Zone: Come see the latest vehicles using hydrogen fuel cells, gas-electric hybrids, electric vehicles, ethanol, bio-diesel and compressed natural gas!
- Children's Zone presented by Whole Foods Market: Children can visit Ladybug Adventure to decorate your own ladybug bag and collect ladybugs for your personal garden. Create a Recycled Art Sculpture! Visit the Whole Foods Market and College of the Canyons environmental art booth to create your own recycled art sculpture. The first 100 young artists will receive a free plant from Whole Foods Market.
- Water Conservation Zone presented by SCV Family of Water Suppliers: Take water footprint quiz, to find out what your on-line calculation of water consumption is.
Admission is free. Central Park is located on Bouquet Canyon Road at Central Park Drive.