Reminder: Kids Under Age 8 Need Car Seat
[CHP] – Thousands of children are injured or killed every year by safety seats that are improperly fastened by parents or caretakers. Remember, most collisions occur within a mile of the home – so buckle your child in a safety seat for every trip, no matter how short.
* Children under the age of 8 must be secured in a car seat or booster seat in the back seat.
* Children under the age of 8 who are 4′ 9″ or taller may be secured by a safety belt in the back seat.
* Children who are 8 years and over shall be properly secured in an appropriate child passenger restraint system or safety belt.
* Passengers who are 16 years of age and over are subject to California’s Mandatory Seat Belt law.
* Buckling up is the single most effective thing you can do to protect yourself in a crash. Also, seat belts are the best defense against impaired, aggressive, and distracted drivers.