Valencia Ralphs Closed After Fire
Fire seems to be caused by malfunctioning refrigeration unit
Early this afternoon, firefighters responded to a smoke call at the Ralphs on Orchard Village Road and Lyons Avenue. A small fire had broken out, and was apparently caused by a malfunctioning compressor in a refrigeration unit.
The estimated cost of the damage is listed at $30,000 just for the refrigeration system alone. An additional $30,000 in structural damage was sustained.
Ralphs is currently closed. No other businesses were affected by the incident and no injuries were reported.