Update On Snake Bite Victim
Young man is recovering from treatment
Chris Bolewski, a 19 year old who was bitten by a rattle snake on Sunday is making strides in his recovery, a Loma Linda University Hospital spokesperson says.
Experts believe that the bite may have come from a Mojave Green snake, whose venom is incredibly strong.
The bite that Chris experienced paralyzed his body for days, however, the Loma Linda spokesperson said that his leg is improving and he is continuing to be kept at the facility for monitoring.
He is expected to recover.
Wendy Langhans, an interpretive naturalist and columnist for KHTS says that there are some steps people can take to help lower the odds of getting bitten by a snake.
First of all, you should wear closed toed shoes. “Sandals are great for the mall but not for walking through the wilderness,” Langhans said.
Also, staying on the trail, and watching where you step will help protect you.
Perhaps the most important thing Langhans recommends, is that if you do see a snake, give it plenty of space to get away. Snakes usually strike when they are trapped or surprised.