The city of Santa Clarita has declared a State of Emergency due to heavy floods experienced throughout the city. As a result of flooding and dangerous road conditions, the city encourages all residents to remain at home.
Heavy flooding has prompted the evacuation of residents in the Polynesian Mobile Home Park, located on San Fernando Road at Sierra Highway. 36 units have been evacuated with residents going to Hart High School where the Red Cross has set up an evacuation center, which is prepared to house residents of the mobile home park for the next 48 hours.
Several local roads have been closed due to landslides and flooding:
- Highway 126 - between the 5 freeway and Ventura County.
- Placerita Canyon Road - between Sierra Highway and Sand Canyon Road
- Sand Canyon Road - south of Placerita Canyon Road
- Sierra Highway - in Sleepy Valley, near Le Chen restaurant
- Oak Springs at Lost Canyon Road
- San Francisquito Canyon Road at Copper Hill
- Bouquet Canyon Road at Vasquez Canyon Road
For continued, up to the minute, information tune in to AM 1220 KHTS.