Santa Clarita Idol Rules
KHTS, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
Pre-registered entrants’ auditions will have priority, based on check in time with the Station. All other auditions will be scheduled on a first come first serve basis. Each entrant will be allowed a 30 second audition of any song of their choice sung acappella (no duets or groups performances allowed). All minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Semi-Finals & Finals:
The Semi-Final & Finals will take place on Thursday, August 24, 2006. Each semi-finalist and finalist will perform in front of a panel of judges. The same judging criteria will be used with a numerical scoring system based on individual categories. Highest scoring Finalist will become the Santa Clarita Idol Grand prize winner. Finalists must be present to win.
2.Prizes. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the winner is:
Professionally recorded 3-song demo (Command Audio)
Tons of Gift Certificates (AM-1220 KHTS & Panera Bread)
The winner will perform live as the Santa Clarita Idol on August 26th at the final City of Santa Clarita Concerts in the Park.
The Station reserves the right to expand the prize categories in the Contest. Any additions to the prize categories will be posted on the Station’s website and will change the current total prize value accordingly.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. You must be a legal citizen or a resident, 12 to 54 years old on July 24, 2006, who is eligible to work in the .
You are ineligible if, as of the date of your audition, you have any type of contract for talent representation (for example, a talent agent or manager), a music recording contract, an acting contract, a merchandising agreement, or any other contractual arrangement that would prohibit you from entering into a management contract, recording contract, talent contract, acting contract and/or merchandising contract.
A parent or guardian must accompany and sign a release on behalf of any participant who is a minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household for the Contest. Only one (1) prize per household from any of the Company’s stations within any thirty (30) day period. Ninety (90) days if the prize is over $100.
Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and their immediate family members and those living in the same household of participating television stations, advertising agencies, corporate sponsors or any person or entity connected with the production, administration or judging of the auditions, or any of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents or representatives are not eligible. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
4. The audition process. Persons who pre-register will be auditioned first. Walk up registration will be seen after pre-registration auditions are complete. The Station cannot guarantee that you will be seen for an audition. PLEASE BE COURTEOUS TO OTHER PEOPLE IN LINE. The Station reserves the right to refuse auditions to anyone due to unruly behavior and/or unsportsmanlike conduct.
Please bring two forms of identification that show proof of your age and a photograph (for example, a birth certificate and driver's license or a birth certificate and a passport or a birth certificate and a school ID card). If you are under 18 years of age, you must be accompanied by your parent or legal guardian. If you are accompanied by a legal guardian (as opposed to a parent), your legal guardian must bring proof of guardianship.
5. Telephones and Delivery Disclaimer. The Company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, `electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest.
6. Publicity; Privacy. By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
7. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
8. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from a station will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
9. Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
10. Miscellaneous. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. No purchase necessary to participate or win. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. The Company may substitute prizes of equivalent value, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. Written copies of these rules are available during normal business hours at the business offices of the Station(s) and by mail upon written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope.
11. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the Unites States of , which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.