October is Cancer Awareness Month
Returning special guest co-host Tami Hulcher, health educator and nationally recognized "The Queen of Health", will join Ellen Como on her AM 1220 - KHTS "Lifestyle Fitness" show on Tuesday, October 3rd from Noon - 1pm Pacific Time. Nationwide listeners are invited to join us at www.hometownstation.com click in to listen LIVE! "I will be dedicating this show in memory of my friend, the dearest Edith Meyer, who lost her courageous battle with cancer last month," says Ms. Hulcher. Ellen and Tami will be also discussing children's nutrition and the energy drink craze.
The science is clear. The results are unmistakable. Change your diet and dramatically reduce the risk of cancer, diabetes, heart disease and obesity. According to many researchers, scientists and cancer experts, only about 5% of cancer is genetic. The other 95% can be attributed to diet and/or lifestyle. This is not an accusatory statement. Here are some facts:
According to Dr. David Heber, UCLA Center for Human Nutrition, only about 5% of cancer is genetic saying that "most cancers are not inherited."
According to the American Cancer Society and Harvard Center for Cancer Prevention, only 5% to 10% of cancer cases are genetic. A vast majority of cancers, at least 90% then, occur in people with no family history of the disease. Although we can't change our genetic makeup, we can modify our diet and lifestyles and we can still reduce our risks of getting cancer. According to Dr. Walter Willett, Harvard Medical School, diet prevents up to 75% of certain cancers.
According to Dr. Patrick Quillin, PhD, RD, CNS, and author of Beating Cancer with Nutrition, "40% of cancer patients actually die from malnutrition." Proper nutrition can also improve the outcome of cancer treatment.
Ms. Hulcher is a health educator, President and CEO of Ola Loa, Inc. This "Mom on a Mission" is also a guest of television, radio, and is a writer and soon-to-be author. Her popular lecture series "Got Health?" has been seen nationwide in schools, businesses, medical facilities, private health organizations, PTAs, churches, support groups, health expos and spas.
For more information and/or media inquiries, please contact Ms. Hulcher at
310 471-6970 or email email@example.com.