HAPPIEST BABY EDUCATORS TRAINED
Valencia, California joins hundreds of cities across the nation to offer a new national parenting program called The Happiest Baby.
Half of all new babies cry and fuss more than two hours a day. Their prolonged wails often trigger exhaustion, breastfeeding failure, marital stress, maternal depression, and even child abuse. But all that is about to change! The first 100 certified Happiest Baby educators, including Yvonne Novak and Darla Burns have been trained in the innovative new approach of renowned pediatrician Dr. Harvey Karp. These educators will offer parents in The Santa Clarita Valley the opportunity to learn Dr. Karp's extraordinary techniques for quickly calming fussy babies and helping them to sleep longer.
Dr. Karp's landmark work reveals a treasure sought by parents for centuries - the
calming reflex - the virtual off-switch for a young baby’s crying. It solves the puzzle "What causes colic?" and more importantly answers the question, "How can parents soothe their baby's screams in minutes...or less?”
"Dr. Karp's book is fascinating. It will guide new parents for many years to come."
—Julius Richmond, MD, Harvard Medical School, former Surgeon General of the United States
"Dr. Karp's approach is the best way I know to help crying babies."
—Steven Shelov, MD, editor-in-chief, American Academy of Pediatrics’ Caring for Your Baby and Young Child
No wonder thousands of Los Angeles parents, from working moms to superstars like Madonna, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Pierce Brosnan have turned to Dr. Karp to learn his secrets for making babies happy.
The Happiest Baby educators provide hands on training on topics such as:
• The Missing 4th Trimester: it may sound odd, but many babies cry because, in an important way, they’re born 3 months too soon.
• The Calming Reflex: the virtual off-switch to crying that all babies are born with.
• The 5 S’s: the 5 simple techniques that activate the calming reflex.
Parents will also learn:
• Why the idea that colic is due to gas pains is an old wives tale.
• Why keeping the house quiet is often upsetting to newborns.
• Why most babies get more upset in the evening.
• Why it's impossible to spoil young babies.
• An easy way to help infants sleep a few hours more at night.
• Why fathers are often the best baby calmers in the family.
Coming to the rescue of beleaguered new parents, the Happiest Baby educators will give new moms as well as dads (as well as other family members and childcare providers) the tools they need to help infants sleep longer and calm unhappy babies almost as easily as…turning off a light.
For more information about The Happiest Baby workshop scheduled for 10AM, January 22, 2005 at the Valencia Town Center Mall Community Center, contact Yvonne Novak at 661-254-2069 or Darla Burns at 661-294-5009